“Recent Business trip Chose Hotel 1000”

Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle
Ranked #14 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Rooms were very nice, decor, cleanliness amenities etc.... Concierge is excellent here, was in tune to character or personality when suggestions places to eat, all of his choices were " dead bang on"

Had to spend last night at W hotel because this hotel was totally booked. I have stayed at the W in NYC a few times, back in 2006 Loved it. The W in Seattle is really no better than premium Best Western.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Denny F, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Mimi,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to write to our viewers.

i am sorry that we were not able to accomodate you the next night because we were sold out.

Hope that you will return soon and often from the great country of Canada - our excellent neighbors from the north.

Best regards,

Denny Fitzpatrick

Write a ReviewReviews (3,087)

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We chose Hotel 1000 among many hotel choices for our anniversary trip to Seattle, thanks to the great reviews on Trip Advisor. We couldn't be more pleased. They really made our anniversary very special. From the warm welcome with roses, champagne flutes while checking in, to a bottle of Champagne, card and chocolates waiting in our room, what a start! The hotel is the perfect 5 stars boutique hotel. Intimate. Personable. Charming. Classy. Every touch is thought about. Gorgeous room with gorgeous arts. Amazing bath tub looking over Seattle through a glass wall (you can close shades if you prefer), very comfy bed and the nicest scent for a Molton Brown soap "Fresh Bushukan Citrus." Wonderful location. This hotel will remain in our minds for many years. We will return!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Denny F, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Dear Aceofheart,

Very thankful that you read the reviews about Hotel 1000 and that you and your bride ended up choosing to stay here.

I , along with my staff are thrilled that we were able to make your anniversary a "memoreable one"

I hope that your travel plans from San Fransisco will bring you back to Seattle and Hotel 1000 so that new wonderful memories can be created.

Have a wonderful marriage,

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We had the opportunity to stay at the Hotel 1000 the first week of October for our 19th year wedding anniversary. I contacted the hotel explaining our special occasion and received an immediate reply from the reservation manager, Ms. Katie Mcnulty.

Upon arrival, we were greeted and welcomed into the hotel by the wonderfully accommodating staff. We found a bottle of sparkling wine, chocolates and a rose waiting in the room and even through it sounds minor my wife was excited to see our name on the T.V. screen and the rubber ducky waiting at the bathtub. Speaking of the bathtub, it was amazing. This is the first place we have stayed (to include our home) that you could fit two adults in the tub and the water filling from the ceiling was a nice touch as well. We were able to watch the ferries arrive and depart each morning since our room had a great view of the water. We did have building across the street but this would be expected in a city. Either way our room sat above the obstacle and our view was unobstructed.

The hotel location is convenient to everything touristy down town and since we had a car we did not take the nearby monorail to the space needle. The city streets are challenging (steep) to navigate if you have mobility issues and the first week of Oct may not have been the best time to go because of the weather although we did have a few breaks of sunshine.

I’d like to visit Trip Advisor’s #1 rated Seattle hotel again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Ben,

i am thrilled that my staff and I were able to make your 19th wedding anniversary one that you will always remember.

I appreciate the very kind words you said about my staff and who you were treated.

Would love for you to stay again and allow us to make new memories for a life time.

Warm regards,'

Reviewed October 29, 2013

This hotel is situated in an ideal location downtown. The room was of a decent size and the amenities were great. However, these perks were overshadowed by a delayed check-in process because the front desk could not locate my reservation and the obnoxiously loud banging noise coming from right outside my window, giving me a rather rude 8 a.m. awakening. Upon phoning the front desk to inquire about the noise, I was told that it was "only" expected to last between the hours of 8 a.m. And 6 p.m. and that the noise would not be a 24 hour disturbance. What kind of explanation is that?! I am not one to regularly complain or take the time to write reviews but I feel that if Hotel 1000 really wants to continue take pride in being the best rated hotel in downtown Seattle based on tripadvisor reviews, some things need to be changed. Informing me upon check-in that refurbishments would be made outside my window at 8 a.m. would be a great start. Had I known this would be the case, I would have requested another room. The 20 minutes I had to wait after a long and arduous trip from DC while the front desk searched for my reservation could have also been avoided if things were done in a timely fashion before my arrival. When booking a room at is what is supposed to be a reputable establishment such as this one, expectations such as a seemless check in process and a good night's sleep should not be so difficult to satisfy. I am sad to say Hotel 1000 fell short of fulfilling these very basic expectations

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Globetrotter810

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for writing about your expereince.

I have sent you a separate email and hope to hear from you so we can communicate regarding your comments.

Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

This was by far the best place iv ever stayed the people bent over backwards to help us. We were greeted with champagne and are car was brought to us with cold fresh water bottles. The staff actually liked being there. And are warm and friendly

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tracie B

Dear Tracie, your review is one of the shortest but one i will cherish.

The reason is because of your great comment regarding my staff- "that they enjoy being here".

This is a reflection of my managers and fellow staff memebers that want to come to work and "create memories". Thank you very much for writing what you did. You made my day even brighter.....

Warm regards,

Reviewed October 28, 2013

From the minute yu walk into the reception you feel the quality of service, all staff are fantastic and can't do enough to help you. The room was immaculate and great layout for the 2 adults and 2 kids. Everything about the hotel shows quality but its the service and people working there that make it different.

Room Tip: Great location if you wnat to have a 10 minute walk to the shops.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JimGilmour

Dear Guest from United Kingdom,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write your very complimentary overview. We are delighted that your 2 children and husband and your had a memeorable time with us.

If your travel plans bring you across the pond- certainly hope you will return to Hotel 1000 when you might come back to Seattle.

Very warm regards,

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Hotel 1000 staff are totally 1st-rate! It is remarkable to receive such friendly, professional, and helpful service. Our room has been everything we'd hoped it would be: luxe bedding and mattress, and an over-the-top bathroom. I highly recommend the hotels' "B&B With A Twist" package [breakfast for two, evening cocktails, free valet parking]. It is easy walking to everything, too--Pioneer Square, Pike Market, SAM, and many fun espresso shops, pubs and restaurants. We would definitely return to the '1000'.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on upper floors for best views.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank pamlaz
Denny F, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Pamlaz,

Thank you very much for staying with us and that you had a "wonderful stay" at Hotel 1000.

Delighted that you enjoyed our BandB with a twist... it is a wonderful package and a great value.

Looking forward to your return visit...

Best regards,