“outstanding visit”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Anchorage, Alaska
“outstanding visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I have stayed in this hotel many times. It was outstanding again. It was our 10th wedding anniversry and the hotel made us feel so special. We received a room upgrade. Champagne and strawberries were waiting for us in our room. Our room was amamzing with fantastic views. Everyone you come into contact with is friendly, polite, and welcoming.
Highly highly recommend!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa M
Denny F, General Manager at Hotel 1000, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Lisa,

Delighted that you and your husband of 10 years spent your anniversay at Hotel 1000 and wrote about it. Thank you that you felt it was an "outstanding visit"..

Hope that when you come down to the lower 48, that you will be spending another visit with us for more memories.

Denny Fitzpatrick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (483)
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Great place. We found this to be a perfect place for our first trip to Seattle. All recommendations for restaurants were good and seemed to be ones that locals liked. Also the hotel car service was very appreciated. Location was also near many attractions and their restaurant had wonderful breakfasts

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Denny F, General Manager at Hotel 1000, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Joycelynne,

Thank you for your wonderful overview of your recet stay at Hotel 1000 and also about the breakfast in our Boka Restaurant.

Our car service throughout the downtown area is a service that we love to provide for our guests.

Please return soon and often.

Warm regards,

El Dorado Hills, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Just have to say this hotel was almost perfect. The corner room we were in was immaculate, had a gorgeous bathtub with a killer view in a beautiful bathroom, and some great Puget Sound views. The only thing that would have been better is a higher floor - there are only 14, and above that are condos, and the water view is partially blocked, esp. on the lower floors. But that's a quibble.

The 1000 is easily the best place we've stayed in Seattle's Downtown. The staff was great, very responsive and quick to send up extra towels, etc.

The safe in the room is too small for 15" laptops, but they kept our laptops in their own safe behind the registration desk without incident.

You're also close to both Pioneer Square and Pike Place Market, and prices were very reasonable for such a great hotel.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the corner rooms on a high floor facing the water.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JScottCoatsworth
Dear JScott,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review you gave my staff at Hotel 1000.

Appreciate your kind words and that you "highly recommend" our hotel.

If your travel plans bring you back to Seattle, we hope you will let of be of service to you- again and again.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

I picked this hotel based on Tripadvisor recommendations and the opportunity for a room with a view. The hotel is sleek, modern and high tech. The room I got had a view, but it was partially obstructed. I had fortunately asked for a highest floor possible, otherwise, I am not sure how much of a view I would have had. On the whole the staff are very friendly and try very hard to please. The few areas of improvement would be for better lighting in the room, detailed instructions on how to use the console for hooking up your personal audio devices (you need a special cord and to hit the AUX bottom on the remote), and more information at the front desk on services, attraction locations/ times, and hotel amenities which are not advertised. I think it's just a matter of training and consistency. Otherwise, I liked the hotel and would recommend it.

Room Tip: If you want a view of the water, ask for the higher floors and know that there is a building across...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank AnonymousA1
Dear Guest from Los Angeles,

Thank you very much for going to Trip Advisor and reading the many reviews fro previous guests regarding what they feel about Hotel 1000. Delighted that you ended up selecting us.

I appreciate your feedback in areas that can be fine tuned. We are improving our lighthing in the rooms and also providing more hook ups for the various forms of technology.

Please return when you come to Seattle and stay with us- we look forward to it.

Berwyn, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

What a wonderful stay we had in this clean, friendly, comfortable, and well located Seattle hotel! When i came in from a run each morning, i was greeted by someone from the staff dropping what they were doing to get me a bottle of water! And if you happen to be venturing out while it's raining or threatening rain and need an umbrella, you're offered those available at the (bell-hop?) stand when you walk out the door. Would return in a heartbeat...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest from Pennsylvania,

Thank you for your "wonderful" overview of my staff that you expereienced at Hotel 1000.

We have alot of runners that stay in the hotel and we want to make sure you all are "hydrated" when you return!!!

Please come and stay with us again and we will have your bottled water waiting for you......

Warm regards,

Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I write this with a bit of trepidation as I'm a relatively easy going human being, but I feel the need to write this as my sole reason for choosing this hotel was their tripadvisor ranking and my experience was not that of a #1 hotel. Let me say that I don't think the hotel was bad, there were just enough tiny issues that stacked up that left me feeling unimpressed.

First off I will say the rooms are well appointed, contrary to some comments I think they are in very good condition and we were pleased with the amenities. With that being said, the bedroom itself had no window and was very dark, to some this may be a convenience, but I found it very hard particularly with a clock that required a button to light up and tell you what time it was. The bed to me was a bit too hard, but that is a personal preference and nothing I would slight a hotel for.

When engaging with the hotel staff they were always friendly and courteous, however, in the 4 nights and 5 days that we stayed there, aside from checking and checking out I do not believe my wife and I were acknowledged by the staff unless directly engaging them. I had read reviews about the concierge pulling off miracles for other members of the community and we had asked to get a reservation for dinner one evening at any time at a particular restaurant, unfortunately they were unable to do so. I can't necessarily fault them for this, but at the same time it was the only request we made on our trip and it was disappointing all the same.

We did take advantage of the Spa and received wonderful massages, again though, there was an issue. We had made the reservations specifically for two women and at a time that wasn't very convenient for us simply so we could have two women. When we got there they had us scheduled with two males and while it was remedied, it was surprising. There was also a billing issue for the massages at the end of the trip that had to be tended to.

As a hotel, I liked Hotel 1000, as a $400+ per night, #1 hotel ranked hotel I simply do not feel it fits the bill and as someone who travels regularly to Seattle I don't think I would have it in my top 5.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ben617
Denny F, General Manager at Hotel 1000, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Guest from Salt Lake City,

Thank you for staying with us for 4 nights and for the detailed overview of what you experienced during your time at Hotel 1000.

We value feedback from our guests and I have already reviewed your comments with various staff members as a learning expereince to make us even more consistent and in tune withall of our guests no matter how many days they are with us.

Thanks again. I am confident that your next stay with us will be one that meets and exceeds your expectations.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

I've stayed at a few hotels and this is amongst the best. Service is great, the rooms are big with great bathrooms and M/B bath products. We had arranged a Expedia deal for 2 nights and decided that the Hotel was so good we would stay an extra night. Expedia could not extend but the front desk gave us the same deal - really excellent Customer Service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ian S
Dear Ian,

Thank you for your wonderful overview that "maybe the best" hotel stay you have experienced.

Appreciate you taking the time to write to our viewers and I see you are from the Untied Kingdom. If your travel ever brings you back to Seattle- we would be honored if you would stay with us again.