Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle
$437
$423
  • Pool
3,114 results
All reviewsboka restaurantvirtual golfhotel experienceturn down servicesoaking tubpioneer squareroom servicepike place marketwater viewvalet staffupon checkcar servicecorner suiteluxury hotelwonderful hotelbeautiful roomcity view
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I write this with a bit of trepidation as I'm a relatively easy going human being, but I feel the need to write this as my sole reason for choosing this hotel was their tripadvisor ranking and my experience was not that of a #1 hotel. Let me say that I don't think the hotel was bad, there were just enough tiny issues that stacked up that left me feeling unimpressed.

First off I will say the rooms are well appointed, contrary to some comments I think they are in very good condition and we were pleased with the amenities. With that being said, the bedroom itself had no window and was very dark, to some this may be a convenience, but I found it very hard particularly with a clock that required a button to light up and tell you what time it was. The bed to me was a bit too hard, but that is a personal preference and nothing I would slight a hotel for.

When engaging with the hotel staff they were always friendly and courteous, however, in the 4 nights and 5 days that we stayed there, aside from checking and checking out I do not believe my wife and I were acknowledged by the staff unless directly engaging them. I had read reviews about the concierge pulling off miracles for other members of the community and we had asked to get a reservation for dinner one evening at any time at a particular restaurant, unfortunately they were unable to do so. I can't necessarily fault them for this, but at the same time it was the only request we made on our trip and it was disappointing all the same.

We did take advantage of the Spa and received wonderful massages, again though, there was an issue. We had made the reservations specifically for two women and at a time that wasn't very convenient for us simply so we could have two women. When we got there they had us scheduled with two males and while it was remedied, it was surprising. There was also a billing issue for the massages at the end of the trip that had to be tended to.

As a hotel, I liked Hotel 1000, as a $400+ per night, #1 hotel ranked hotel I simply do not feel it fits the bill and as someone who travels regularly to Seattle I don't think I would have it in my top 5.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ben617
Denny F, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Guest from Salt Lake City,

Thank you for staying with us for 4 nights and for the detailed overview of what you experienced during your time at Hotel 1000.

We value feedback from our guests and I have already reviewed your comments with various staff members as a learning expereince to make us even more consistent and in tune withall of our guests no matter how many days they are with us.

Thanks again. I am confident that your next stay with us will be one that meets and exceeds your expectations.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I've stayed at a few hotels and this is amongst the best. Service is great, the rooms are big with great bathrooms and M/B bath products. We had arranged a Expedia deal for 2 nights and decided that the Hotel was so good we would stay an extra night. Expedia could not extend but the front desk gave us the same deal - really excellent Customer Service.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ian S
Denny F, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear Ian,

Thank you for your wonderful overview that "maybe the best" hotel stay you have experienced.

Appreciate you taking the time to write to our viewers and I see you are from the Untied Kingdom. If your travel ever brings you back to Seattle- we would be honored if you would stay with us again.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Great hotel in downtown Seattle. Within walking distance of Pike's Place. The rooms are large and the bathrooms a good size. They use Molton Brown products, which is great. I thought the only downside is the rooms aren't that well suited for working. It's incredibly dark in the room, and that can be annoying if you are traveling for business. But, service is great and the golf simulator experience downstairs was fun for my husband who came with me on a work trip.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Denny F, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Guest from San Fransisco,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write about your experience at Hotel 1000.

Delighted that your husband loved the Golf simulator and that you enjoyed your stay. We have some new lamps that are in process of being added to our rooms that will give more light to our guests.

thank you very much for your input and hope that you will return soon and often to Hotel 1000.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and I once again stayed at Hotel 1000 for business and once again the trip was perfect! We were greeted with sparkling wine on arrival and all of our bags (we never travel light) were handled for us with great care. Later we made use of the courtesy shuttle--a very comfortable Lexus that will take you anywhere within 2 miles--a fantastic new addition. The staff here continues to amaze, with the exception of one woman working the front desk who I think confuses haughtiness high class service. She didn't do anything wrong, she just didn't seem to enjoy customer service. Of course one imperfect interaction can be forgiven and perhaps she was just having a bad day.

I will definitely return to H1000, the only question is when?

Room Tip: We had a non-view room on the 7th floor and it was just very nice. I don't think the view is necessary to enjoy the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank GoatNamedEric

Dear Guests from Oslo,

How wonderful to have you back for a second visit!! We take great pride and joy when guests make the decision to return to Hotel 1000 considering that there are many other excellent hotels in the downtown area. Glad you love the service of our town car that takes guests through the downtown area.

All of my staff, including myself need to be ready to serve each and every guest with warmth and sincerity. I agree wth you- when are you coming back?? Hope it is soon....

Warm regards,

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed at The Hotel 1000 for 2 nts on our way to the B.C. Islands. To start, it's in a great location within walking distance to many of the popular Seattle tourist spots including the popular Wharf and street market. We are BIG travelers, so I do my thorough research when choosing an upscale place for my family (with 2 teenage boys) and I to vacation and this hotel did not disappoint! First, the service was top notch, and I think almost every hotel staff member knew our names as we came and went. The front desk staff offered us a glass of champagne as we checked in, the concierge was extremely helpful in guiding us around town and making restaurant reservations, and their restaurant (Boku) was bright with outdoor seating, serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. My boys enjoyed a sophistocated virtual golf game on the lower level with full meal service. We enjoyed a terrific spa treatment in the small but classy "Spaah" as well. (Amex Platinum members get a spa credit) We were on the 6th floor and our spacios room was stunning with floor to ceiling glass windows looking out over the city and the waterfront. There was a very trending array of furniture in the living and sleeping areas with a large flat screen TV, Work desk (with free Wifi) and mini-bar. The bathroom was huge with a lot of glass panels for privacy in both the (rain) shower and toilet areas and a floor to ceiling window next to the soaking tub. We will definitely be back to this hotel on our next visit!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Travel2thebest1

Dear Guests from Maryland,

Thank you for staying with us after you ended up doing alot of research. Delighted that you , your wife and 2 boys felt that Hotel 1000 was "first class all the way".

Appreciate you taking the time to write a detailed review and that you will return. Hope it is soon and often !!.