“Best Hotel in Seattle”

Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle
Ranked #14 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 13, 2013

From the moment you arrive at the Valet at Hotel 1000 you know you're someplace special. You immediately get a warm friendly greeting, assistance with your luggage and are whisked away into the lobby and introduced to the front desk receptionist. Before you know it, you have a glass of champagne in hand while you provide your check in credentials. You're then escorted to very well appointed accommodations hosting every amenity you can think of from computer ports to an amazing bathroom. The hotel restaurant and spa are first rate and the location can't be beat. At your departure, the valet goes so far as to supply your vehicle with bottles of complimentary bottled water and even synchs your seatbelt for you! In my years of travel, my recent stay at the Hotel 1000 was one of my best hotel stays ever.

Room Tip: Try and get a room facing Puget Sound.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Denny F, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Dear Robert,

Wow- thank you for the wondeful overview of your recentstay at Hotel 1000. Also appreciate you visiting our Boka Restaurant and Spaah- both areas thatwe are very proud of.

Please return- so we can creat more memories for you.

Denny

PS- will have the botteld waters waiting for you....

Write a ReviewReviews (3,076)

Reviewed July 13, 2013

After attending a winemaker dinner at BOKA, Denny the manager of Hotel 1000 had a conversation with my wife and she arranged for a surprise stay for 2 nights at Hotel 1000. All I can say is that from arrival to departure we were treated professionally and the staff insured that all our requests were handled quickly and to our satisfaction. Our upper floor room had a great view to the west, with sweeping sunsets and views of the ferries coming and going. Perched between Pike St Market and Pioneer Square, the central location provided us ample opportunities to explore the waterfront for our morning walk and also gave us many choices for dinner, including their own restaurant, BOKA. Drinks were excellent at the bar with a great vibe. Food is terrific, with many NW favorites on the list. Our room was softly decorated with modern decor and beautiful fixtures. Elevators were readily available even during the busy mornings and around the dinner hour. Pricing for a room is actually a great value compared to many in the area. Thanks Denny for taking care of Robbi at the wine tasting and we will surely use Hotel 1000 as a weekend getaway in the future.

1  Thank fishseattle

Dear Robbi,

Thank you for taking the time to write about the memorable time at Hotel 1000.

It was sucha pleasure meeting you at the Sparkman Wine dinner and delighted that your stay with us exceeded your expectations.

Please return again for more memories.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We booked this hotel for July 4th as we were arriving in Seattle the day before our cruise was to embark, choosing their "Snooze & Cruise" package. I'll give you some details below, but in sum: the room was beautiful, the staff had a terrific attitude and the package was not worth the price or the hassle. I would recommend staying here but carefully analyze the prices involved if you are considering this package.

The hotel is conveniently located in downtown, albeit next door to an "adult" shop (not a problem). Our room was very large and included a big soaker tub which filled from a spout in the ceiling - very cool! Like so many modern hotel rooms these days, the bathroom is separated from the bedroom by a clear glass panel, but it has the option to electronically roll down a privacy shade, which is a nice feature. All of the staff were very enthusiastic to be helpful, and although our room wasn't ready for early check-in, they made it very convenient by delivering our luggage to our room while we were out having lunch, which was much appreciated after a long flight. They had also delivered to our room a package sent by a friend as a gift, so all we had to do after lunch was pick up our keys and settle in. Another very nice feature of this place is that on each floor, in the hall right outside the elevators, is a wooden freezer chest containing individual packaged bags of ice to take back to your room. (I love that - it's always such a hassle to go hunting for ice on various floors of a hotel.)

The only issue we had was with the Snooze & Cruise package. We chose it because it included the room, two drinks in their bar, breakfast for two in their restaurant, binoculars, and transportation to the cruise ship pier. The website also says something about complimentary valet parking, but I'm not sure how many guests would care about that as, like us, we didn't rent a car in town as we were going on a cruise. The first problem with the package is that I couldn't get a straight answer about how the transportation to the pier would work. From the time I booked the reservation months ahead, to my questions to the concierge after getting one of those "what can we do for you" emails before check-in, to checking in and asking about it, to the morning of checkout when we needed to get to the pier, I had various conversations with various staff trying to find out how to get the transportation. It turned out that we got a taxi voucher to give to the driver, after filling in the amount once we got to the pier. I made sure to tell the check-out person how much unnecessary work it was just to get this part of the package - the staff should know about it.

Another problem is that when we added up the value of the elements of the package we felt that it was not worth it. The cab ride to the pier was only about $7 before a tip. The breakfast voucher was worth $36. The binoculars were fine, but, as expected, of course they weren't super high quality. I can't recall the value of the two drinks voucher exactly, but you get the idea. So take a look at the room prices they have without the package and then estimate the value of these add-ons before making your decision. But, you'll be happy with the hotel so go ahead and book!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Anne C

Dear Anne,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed overview regarding your stay with us. Appreciate all the points you brought up.

I am sorry for the package not being seemless. Our mishap- we did not deliver on this like we should have and have already done some retraining so that this does not happen going forward.

I trust the rest of your stay was one filled with many good memories.

Sincerely,'

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We wanted to splurge a bit while in Seattle and boy, we picked the right place! Fantastic hotel in the heart of downtown Seattle! Easy to walk all over Seattle from this hotel. And it had the friendliest hotel staff we've ever encountered. The room was very cool and hip and we had a nice view of the water. Nice, quiet and roomy. If you are looking to treat yourself to a great hotel, this is the place. They do allow dogs and all the staff loved seeing us walk her in and out of the building. But beware, downtown Seattle is not a great place for dogs. Not a lot of green space and tempting trash to eat on the streets. If we came here again I would not bring the dog. We don't rate wifi/tv since we are on vacation. I wish, for the price, they included breakfast (or a discount) at the attached restaurant (great food/drinks by the way, good place for a night cap). The Hotel 1000 is worthy of the rare five star rating that we give out!

1  Thank TheHellers
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We enjoy traveling and comfort and service of 5 star hotels. After considering several Seattle hotels at which we've previously stayed, I chose Hotel 1000 because of the stellar reviews it received. We were pleased beyond expectation. We stayed 6/11 - 6/13 and 6/19 - 6/22..
The property is clean; and our room on both stays were clean, quiet, comfortable, and beautifully appointed. All staff, including the valets, were friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, and we've many stories of kindnesses they extended throughout our 2 stays including upgrading us to a higher floor on our second stay and remembering [with chocolates from Boka] that my birthday was sometime between our two stays. And they provided the extra pillows as requested. They truly make each guest feel special.
Boka is a wonderful restaurant; and we'd especially like to commend the hostess on duty the morning of 6/12. The front desk had suggested Boka for breakfast. We waited to be seated as a sign advised but no one responded. Jet-lagged; we finally left. As we were leaving a young woman [I wish I could remember her name] who had been setting up tables outside thanked us for coming to Boka. We said we'd been waiting to be seated; and no one responded. She apologized; but we left to enjoy a more welcoming place.
When we returned, that young woman intercepted us as we entered the hotel lobby and made the effort to, again, apologize for not having seen us waiting. That, to us, elevated Boka's level of service. All our meals at Boka were enhanced by this young woman's sincere concern.
We are creatures of habit; and we enjoy having a comfortable home base wherever we visit. Hotel 1000 will now be our home in Seattle.

1  Thank G_808
Denny F, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Gerri,

WOW, When are you returning???

Thank you for your very detailed and complimentary review of your recent stay at Hotel 1000.

We have 4 terrific hostesses in Boka and I think the one who you are referring to is Liis Todd, who has been with us for 6 years... She loves making memories and remembering guests names, special occassions and loves life.

Please return soon...... and often!!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a long layover (1 day) to Asia with my family. I arrived before noon and the staff was very accommodating to give me a room before the normal check-in time. The rooms are chic and spacious and the bathrooms are top notch. The hotel is in walking distance to the Pike Place Market.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at Hotel 1000 eventhough you had a very quick layover.

Hope that you will stay with us again should your travel plans bring you to Seattle.

Warm regards,

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have travel extensively within the US and Internationally. I would say, without equivocation, that the Hotel 1000 is one of the finest experiences I've had. It's perfectly located within Seattle for both business and vacationing, and the accommodations were tastefully luxurious. But the 1000 stands out for the professional, eager to please and solicitous staff. They worked superbly as a team to make our stay memorable.

Also, the food and service at Boka (their in-house restaurant) was outstanding. They willingly (and happily) went off-menu to please us.

I will stay there again (and again) and would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear JLAW and family,

Thank you for your wonderful review and compliments regarding your families vacation at Hotel 1000.

I am grateful that I was able to meet you and your beautiful family during check out.

I am delighted that we helped make memories for you and that you have a very enjoyable and memorable family vacation.

Sure hope you will return to Seattle and Hotel 1000. I let Nanette- the server in Boka Restaurant know about your kind words .