“Expectations Surpassed, Amazing Experience.”

Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle
Ranked #14 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Being greeted with a smile and champagne at check-in was a fantastic start to an incredible stay. The staff was friendly and quick to correct a misunderstanding which exceeded our expectations. The room was exceptional and made me certain this is the finest hotel in Seattle. It's only blocks from the waterfront and valet is quick and efficient. The restaurant was tasty and a felt like we were dining in a work of art.

I'd highly recommend Hotel 1000: there's a reason it's number one. Experience it for yourself.

• Stayed: June 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (3,093)

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My company has had the Hotel 1000 as a preferred choice for business travel to Seattle for many years. I first stayed here in 2007 and it's the only hotel in Seattle that I stay at to this day, either for business or pleasure. In 2007 it was just me but fast forward to my stay last week where I had my wife, two infants and my dog.....times have changed for me but the service is always special from the staff here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Denny F, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us in 2007 and returning 6 years later to Hotel 1000.

Appreciate your "exceptional" overview of your stay and I hope I have the priviledge of meeting you the next time you come to Seattle.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is a lovely boutique hotel. The staff were appropriately attentive but it didn't feel stuffy. The room was really super. We loved the bathroom with the great tub and shower and nice Molton Brown toilettries. The room was really quiet, and we slept well. There were very nice details like the welcome note in the room along with delicious cookies and chocolates on the beds, and the glass of sparkling wine on arrival. The location was very convenient for the Seattle Art Museum, as well as the Pike Place Market and the waterfront. In the evening we walked down the street and had a fantastic dinner at a restaurant called Lecosho, which we also highly recommend. We only stayed one night and then moved to the Hotel Andra, because the Hotel 1000 was full booked for the other nights of our stay. Definitely the Hotel 1000 is in another class.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Denny F, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Guests from Maryland,

Thank you for the very detailed review of your 1 night stay at Hotel 1000. Delighted that you and your family were excited to stay with us even though it was for only 1 night.

Hope the rest of your vacation was memorable.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

And worth every penny! Every. Damn. Penny.

I'm a Seattle native and a local, as in I live and play in the Greater Seattle area. After over a year long absence, my special, long-distance friend was coming to town for a business trip, albeit short (less than 48-hours), and I wanted a gorgeous, in-city, hotel for the brief moments we would have together within that timeframe. There was no question it was going to be Hotel 1000.

I had sent an initial email to make some inquiries about specific room type (I wanted a water view room with enough space to move about and set up a small dining room table) and I was contacted in less than 24-hours by Matty M on the Concierge team. He not only answered my questions thoroughly, he followed up with me once I had made my reservations (June 19th-June 21st) to see if there was anything he could do to make my upcoming reunion with my long distance friend special. He handled everything, following my request to the last detail. I was disappointed that I didn't get to meet Matty on the day of my arrival but I did get to meet him and thank him in person the following afternoon. Again, if you stay at Hotel 1000 and have any requests I would highly recommend utilizing the concierge staff, especially Matty M.

As its been written in some of the previous reviews, the staff's attention is absolutely phenomenal. From the moment I pulled up to the valet and was greeted by Loch, to the personal greeting by Ben at the concierge desk and at my subsequent check in until I was checked out by Chelsea-every experience was amazing. It should be noted that when I checked in( 2-hours early upon request), I asked if it would be possible to request a late check out and unlike other fine hotels that always seem to hedge a bit and make it seem as if accommodating the request would be a huge favor, not an eye blinked and I was merely asked what time was I thinking about. I said Noon and he said, how about 1:00pm? That way you can take your time with a late breakfast if you'd like. WOW!!!

As someone else wrote, it was a bit unnerving at first to be greeted by name coming and going from the hotel. The way the staff very efficiently yet discreetly utilize the earwigs to communicate is fantastic and they are all there to ensure you and your guest are taken care of. The valet staff is also the bellman staff and the drivers of the complimentary car service-a clever and efficient use of their resources. For my two night stay I almost always had the same person, Loch, and each time the young man impressed me with his personable and professional approach as well as his recollection of details re: me and my stay.

I also booked a massage through Spaahh (separate review posted) and all I can say is do it! Jo is simply amazing and the indulgence worth it.

I booked a Grand Luxe Water room and I have to admit, I was rendered speechless when I first walked in. I'm pretty sure Loch was speaking to me as he carried my luggage in and I was standing there gobsmacked by the view and the room itself. I was given a room on the south west corner of the 11th floor. Stunning-is the only word I can think of to describe the view of Elliot Bay, the floor to ceiling windows that made up two walls of the room, the bath tub that did indeed have room for two large adults (I'm a short plus size gal and my guest is a taller than average athletically built guy) and fills from the ceiling, the glass encased shower and the separate toilet area, the furnishings; the luxurious king size bed, the sofa, the arm chair, the in-room entertainment options. All of it. STUNNING! Oh and in regard to some folks writing about the motion sensor mini-bar-yes it's true that if you aren't careful, items will be added to your bill. However, Chelsea made sure I re-reviewed my folio before checking out and when I noticed two mini-bar charges that we didn't make, she removed them from my bill without question.

While we didn't dine at BOKA, I did order room service and both meals were fab! And yes, the truffle fries are a MUST!

That first night, my friend had to make some calls while I was finishing getting ready for dinner so he went to the lobby. By the time I met him he not only finished his calls but had a handful of recommendations for places to eat from Ben. Knowing that he was the "tourist" in this situation, I let him pick where we were going confident that Ben wouldn't steer us wrong.

My LDG had to leave for the airport before I was due to check out. Needless to say I burst into tears the moment he drove away from the curb. I appreciated the discretion of the staff when I walked back into the lobby, as it was clear I was upset and they gave me a wide berth. When I checked out an hour later, Chelsea was incredibly kind and understood when I said it was the best stay I could have wished for and that the puffy red eyes was merely because I was sorry to see it end. I will return to Hotel 1000 for certain!

Room Tip: I would recommend a room above the 10th floor and for a water view I liked the Southwest corner.
3  Thank FrancescaJStirling
Denny F, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear McKenzie,

Wow, wow, wow, Thank you for your very detailed overview that certainly created many "memories" at Hotel 1000 and in our Spaah .

I really appreciate the very detailed interactions with Matty, Chelsea , Loch , Ben and Jo. My staff reads all the Trip Advisor reviews and when they read about themselves- it brings a big smile to their faces.

I am delighted that you live in the Seattle area- please retrun soon and often so we can make more memories since we are " Gorgeous, sexy, luxurious, and discreet"

Much appreciated,

Reviewed June 20, 2013

My wife and I had the pleasure of a two night stay at the Hotel 1000 in Seattle June 6-8. This perfectly located boutique hotel in the heart of downtown, has all the amenities that a "5" Star should have and more. However,it was the friendly staff's attention to every little detail; from the pre- arrival "Welcome" email, arranging private airport to hotel and pier private transfers,referring to us by name throughout our stay, it all was very gracious and efficient hospitality coupled with room accommodations that were both "stylish" and contemporary. The in-house Boka Restaurant was a great spot for breakfast and drinks. The personal charm of this hotel is what really sets it apart from other boutique hotels we have encountered in our world travels.
We heartily recommend the Hotel 1000 to those visiting the emerald city of Seattle.

Room Tip: upgrades to deluxe rooms are available select hotel promotional offerings.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Denny F, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear Paul,

Thank you for your kind endorsement of Hotel 1000 that you and your bride just enjoyed.
Apprecite also you experiencing our BOKA Restaurant that we are very proud of. Hope that you and your wife will come back to the Emerald city and that you will allow us to make "more memories"

Best regards,

Denny

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We have just spent four nights at Hotel 1000 and enjoyed every minute. The customer service was amazing from the moment we arrived and were offered a glass of sparking wine to the day we left. Nothing appeared to be too much trouble and without fail, every time we left or arrived back at the hotel the staff greeted us and it was a sincere greeting. We have been travelling in the US and Canada for five weeks and the service provided at this hotel was as good if not better than any other we have come across. The room was great and the king size bed, very, very comfortable.

There is a glass wall between the bedroom and bathroom, but if this is an issue for anyone, there is an automated blind that closes with the flick of a switch. A minor issue with hot water resulted in an offer to give us another room, but it was our choice to remain where we were as the problem was being attended to.

Although everyone at the hotel was great, several people deserved special mention as far as I am concerned, as they just did that little extra to make the stay that much better. Firstly Jessica for arranging a great evening for us, Zac for his courtesy when running us around and his offer to collect us at the end of the evening, Mark for going to great lengths to make sure we did the tour we wanted and even the housekeeper who left a lovely thank you note for the tip we left......a first as far as I am concerned.

Already I have recommend Hotel 1000 to friends in Vancouver who often travel to Seattle....Hotel 1000 - a great find.

Room Tip: We had a basic king bed room facing the street. The sleep quality was great and the room was darken...
1  Thank JCM81

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us for 4 days and for your excellent feedback on Hotel 1000 and my staff- especially Jessica.....

Really appreciate you spreading the word to your friends in vancouver.

We love our friends from the north!! many already come to Hotel 1000 and we would love many more.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

The service is outstanding. Everyone is friendly and helpful. The rooms are gorgeous and the beds are comfortable. The fitness center has new machines. This hotel is amazing. The best hotel I have ever stayed in. I cannot wait to stay in it again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Elizabeth,

Thank you for staying at Hotel 1000 and for your "exceptional " review about us. You said you will return- when??
Please come back soon and often- we love creating memories.