“Still a great place to stay! Won't stay anywhere else in or near Seattle.”

Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle
Ranked #15 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sequim, Washington
“Still a great place to stay! Won't stay anywhere else in or near Seattle.”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Stayed at Hotel 1000 in May of 2010 both before and after a cruise. This time had to stay overnight in/near Seattle for medical reasons. Had a varied and delicious meal in Boka, their restaurant/lounge shortly after arriving. Not likely to find the same great apps, entrees, nor desserts like those found here anywhere else. Attentive and friendly service from Boka as well as arrival desk.

Also had a delicious room service breakfast. Made-to-order three egg omelets and beautiful fresh fruit plate.

All furnishings kept in good repair and tastefully decorated; comfy beds and pillows, great bathroom with a tub for two.

All room amenities top drawer including a pod coffee brewer and several types of coffee.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank skwimmer
Denny F, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us in 2010 and returning 3 years later to Hotel 1000.

Appreciate you writing to Trip Advisor and also for spending time in our BOKA Restaurant.

3rd time with us will be a charm!! Please stay with us again and soon...

Denny Fitzpatrick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (491)
  • Korean first
Oakland, California
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I travel to Seattle several times a year. My recent favorite hotel there was the Four Seasons; its only downsides were the cost of rooms and the lack of any windows that open for fresh air. I recently had to come to Seattle for one night only, getting in at 11:00 p.m. and leaving at 6:00 a.m. The least expensive rooms at the Four Seasons were $575, way too high for seven hours in a room. Based on Tripadvisor reviews, I decided to try the Hotel 1000, and I'm so glad I did. I had a deluxe water view room for only $349, the hotel and room were beautifully appointed, they pay meticulous attention to every detail, the room had a small window that opens for fresh air, the staff was great and the food -- in both a late night room service and breakfast -- were terrific. In Seattle over the years, I have stayed at the following hotels in addition to the Four Seasons: Fairmont, Edgewater, Hotel Monaco, Hotel Vintage Park, Sorrento, Heathman (in Kirkland), El Gaucho (for 30 seconds, it was so awful I checked out right away). The Hotel 1000 is by far the best of the lot, and I will be staying there from now on.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank jsoak
Dear Guest,

This is quite a Heading about Hotel 1000. We have absolute respect for the many great hotels in the downtown area and therefore your kind remarks mean a great deal to my staff and myself.

You mentioned that you will certainly stay with us again.. Thank you- I hope I have the pleasure of meeting you on your next visit with us.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 22, 2013

So to start with the bad... i tried reserving on mothers day weekend via the internet, no rooms, tried via the phone same thing i was however able to get a room via booking.com. i know hotels pre-sell room blocks to ota’s but that was a bit disappointing.

Checked in was smooth until I got to the room. The room was damp and the housekeeping knew about it because the windows were open and you could still smell the air freshener. I called and complained and a nice lady brought up my room key. I ended up getting upgraded to a suite.

The likes; showers, affordable food, champagne at check in an well furnished rooms. Free internet is a always a plus.

Overall bar a few small issues I really enjoyed it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Chris S
Denny F, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us over Mothers day weekend and writing to our readers about Hotel 1000. At times there are some challenges booking reservations via the interent because inventory changes almost hourly and not all sites update immediatley- no excuse- glad you stayed with us and hope you will return soon and often.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed May 20, 2013

After reading reviews throughout the Internet, I expected the Hotel 1000 to provide a nice accommodation, but I never expected the fantastic service and luxurious surroundings I actually experienced. This is not hyperbole & I am difficult to please. The room was large and sumptuous with high end finishes and a comfortable bed. While I do not appreciate glass enclosed bathrooms, which must cater to about 2% of the population with thin bodies & enough narcissism to appreciate the exposure, the Hotel 1000 installed Dornbracht fixtures, a great shower, plenty of storage and a useless tub with a ceiling faucet that made sounds more akin to a water buffalo then a waterfall. In spite of the affectations, the bathroom provided luxury & comfort. The health club was adequate, but the restaurant & room service was exemplary. In fact, the service all around was warm, caring, and helpful with a dose of European graciousness, not what I expect from the dot com generation. With its location just about perfect, I cannot imagine staying any where else but the Hotel 1000 when I return to Seattle.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Philip G
Dear Guest,

Thank you for not only staying at Hotel 1000 but also for taking the time to write a very detailed overview about our bathrooms, BOKA Restaurant and many of our other features.

Saying that you will return and not stay anywhere else is a huge compliment to my staff and I.

Please come again- we will be waiting.....

Flat Rock, North Carolina
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Chose this hotel based on other reviews - so glad we did! Everything about the hotel is excellent. Staff are friendly and helpful, rooms are large and comfortable with great bath. View of the sound was terrific (10th floor). Restaurant was so good we never bothered to eat anywhere else, all 3 meals. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for water view and high enough to see it.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Margot E
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your kind words about Hotel 1000 and our BOKA restaurant. Saying that you dint need to go elsewhere is a huge compliment to my staff and chef.

Please return soon and often,

Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed ourselves on this stay. It was our first time at this hotel; we had read great reviews so decided to drop in and see if there were any vacancies. We were not disappointed! We had a partial ocean view, the room was immaculate, and the staff was extra friendly. It doesn't hurt it's in a great location, just a short walk to fabulous restaurants and the waterfront. Speaking of restaurants, the one attached to the hotel is amazing and has a great Happy Hour menu (and is open late)...also, the pub across the street (the bookstore pub) is also awesome, and they both have some vegan options which we appreciated.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank van_Juba
Denny F, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review regarding your recent stay at Hotel 1000.

Glad you enjoyed the food and service in our BOKA Restaurant also.

Hope that your travel plans will bring you back to Seattle and Hotel 1000.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I've been wanting to stay at Hotel 1000 for years. My old office used to be across the street so many a time I'd look longingly into the bathrooms. People wouldn't use their privacy shades and the bathtub would be on full display!

For my husband's birthday, we scored a Hotwire deal. A few days before our staycation, I popped in to request an earlier check-in time ( 2pm vs 4 pm), as a few reviewers noted that the check-in time was an issue. I casually let it be known that we were celebrating my husband's birthday and that my pre-schooler was looking forward to our stay, despite the amenities of a pool. Hotel 1000 delivered! We had a wonderful check-in experience (complimentary champagne) and he was wished a happy birthday. Several times the staff recognized the occasion (box of chocolates for him, milk and cookies for her).

I think they've set the bar for my daughter! The tub delighted her to no end, especially the water fall feature. She laughed and squealed every single time we used the tub, which was frequently.

Never once did we feel out of place in this hip hotel. I spotted several families, with kiddos of all ages. Usually hipster places give parents the cold shoulder (I'm looking at you Cafe Presse on Capitol Hill). Not Hotel 1000!

The only dip in service was at Boka, but that's been par of the course over the years I've eaten here. Service can lag when the restaurant appears to be even 75% full. Our breakfast satisfied our daughter, though we know as locals there are other places to eat by walking a few blocks.

We'd gladly stay here again. Hotel 1000 has set the bar. Excellent service without seeming forced or contrived. The tub provided the bubbliest bath we've had thanks to the design. I might have to ask for our bathroom to be renovated in such a manner!

Room Tip: Higher up helps dampen street noise.
Green Features: Industry standard leave towels in the tub or on the floor if dirty. The lure of the tub definitely uses lots of water though!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest from across the street!!

I have heard for 5 years about the staff across the street that would look into the bathromms when the privacy shade was not lowered!!!. I have finally made contact with one ....

On a serious note- delighted that you finally stayed at Hotel 1000 and also spent time in our BOKA Restaurant and for your feedback on how to improve service and make it even better.

Glad your daughter also had a memorable time and hope you will return soon and often.