“SO MUCH BETTER THEN I EXPECTED!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hotel 1000
Ranked #11 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Salt Lake City, Utah
“SO MUCH BETTER THEN I EXPECTED!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

After reading reviews throughout the Internet, I expected the Hotel 1000 to provide a nice accommodation, but I never expected the fantastic service and luxurious surroundings I actually experienced. This is not hyperbole & I am difficult to please. The room was large and sumptuous with high end finishes and a comfortable bed. While I do not appreciate glass enclosed bathrooms, which must cater to about 2% of the population with thin bodies & enough narcissism to appreciate the exposure, the Hotel 1000 installed Dornbracht fixtures, a great shower, plenty of storage and a useless tub with a ceiling faucet that made sounds more akin to a water buffalo then a waterfall. In spite of the affectations, the bathroom provided luxury & comfort. The health club was adequate, but the restaurant & room service was exemplary. In fact, the service all around was warm, caring, and helpful with a dose of European graciousness, not what I expect from the dot com generation. With its location just about perfect, I cannot imagine staying any where else but the Hotel 1000 when I return to Seattle.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Philip G
Dear Guest,

Thank you for not only staying at Hotel 1000 but also for taking the time to write a very detailed overview about our bathrooms, BOKA Restaurant and many of our other features.

Saying that you will return and not stay anywhere else is a huge compliment to my staff and I.

Please come again- we will be waiting.....

Denny Fitzpatrick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
  • Korean first
Flat Rock, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Chose this hotel based on other reviews - so glad we did! Everything about the hotel is excellent. Staff are friendly and helpful, rooms are large and comfortable with great bath. View of the sound was terrific (10th floor). Restaurant was so good we never bothered to eat anywhere else, all 3 meals. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for water view and high enough to see it.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Margot E
Denny F, General Manager at Hotel 1000, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your kind words about Hotel 1000 and our BOKA restaurant. Saying that you dint need to go elsewhere is a huge compliment to my staff and chef.

Please return soon and often,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed ourselves on this stay. It was our first time at this hotel; we had read great reviews so decided to drop in and see if there were any vacancies. We were not disappointed! We had a partial ocean view, the room was immaculate, and the staff was extra friendly. It doesn't hurt it's in a great location, just a short walk to fabulous restaurants and the waterfront. Speaking of restaurants, the one attached to the hotel is amazing and has a great Happy Hour menu (and is open late)...also, the pub across the street (the bookstore pub) is also awesome, and they both have some vegan options which we appreciated.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank van_Juba
Denny F, General Manager at Hotel 1000, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review regarding your recent stay at Hotel 1000.

Glad you enjoyed the food and service in our BOKA Restaurant also.

Hope that your travel plans will bring you back to Seattle and Hotel 1000.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

I've been wanting to stay at Hotel 1000 for years. My old office used to be across the street so many a time I'd look longingly into the bathrooms. People wouldn't use their privacy shades and the bathtub would be on full display!

For my husband's birthday, we scored a Hotwire deal. A few days before our staycation, I popped in to request an earlier check-in time ( 2pm vs 4 pm), as a few reviewers noted that the check-in time was an issue. I casually let it be known that we were celebrating my husband's birthday and that my pre-schooler was looking forward to our stay, despite the amenities of a pool. Hotel 1000 delivered! We had a wonderful check-in experience (complimentary champagne) and he was wished a happy birthday. Several times the staff recognized the occasion (box of chocolates for him, milk and cookies for her).

I think they've set the bar for my daughter! The tub delighted her to no end, especially the water fall feature. She laughed and squealed every single time we used the tub, which was frequently.

Never once did we feel out of place in this hip hotel. I spotted several families, with kiddos of all ages. Usually hipster places give parents the cold shoulder (I'm looking at you Cafe Presse on Capitol Hill). Not Hotel 1000!

The only dip in service was at Boka, but that's been par of the course over the years I've eaten here. Service can lag when the restaurant appears to be even 75% full. Our breakfast satisfied our daughter, though we know as locals there are other places to eat by walking a few blocks.

We'd gladly stay here again. Hotel 1000 has set the bar. Excellent service without seeming forced or contrived. The tub provided the bubbliest bath we've had thanks to the design. I might have to ask for our bathroom to be renovated in such a manner!

Room Tip: Higher up helps dampen street noise.
Green Features: Industry standard leave towels in the tub or on the floor if dirty. The lure of the tub definitely uses lots of water though!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Denny F, General Manager at Hotel 1000, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Guest from across the street!!

I have heard for 5 years about the staff across the street that would look into the bathromms when the privacy shade was not lowered!!!. I have finally made contact with one ....

On a serious note- delighted that you finally stayed at Hotel 1000 and also spent time in our BOKA Restaurant and for your feedback on how to improve service and make it even better.

Glad your daughter also had a memorable time and hope you will return soon and often.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

I've stayed at Hotel 1000 around 25 times over the past few years and I can tell you, with 100% certainty, there's nothing like it in the Seattle area - or any other place I've ever traveled! Hotel 1000 is, by far, the coolest hotel I've ever stayed at. The rooms are insane and the food is also excellent. The service is also insane and they even put a bottle of wine in my room after my tenth stay. Also, the minibars are stocked with local microbrews instead of typical beers, which also adds character to the whole hotel!! Wait staff can be a bit snobby, but that's kid of typical for whop-de-doo restaurants.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Simon,

Thank you for being such a loyal guest of Hotel 1000 and Boka Restaurant and Bar- can't thank you enough for staying with us over 25 times.

Apprecitae your buisness and loyalty.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

What great service. A special thanks to Tyler ! We had a wonderful stay. This hotel is in the perfect location for seeing Seattle. You can walk to just about anything in downtown. The rooms are very nice, and have very cool finishes, the bath tub fills from the ceiling.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Denny F, General Manager at Hotel 1000, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Tim,

Thank you for staying with us and the review on Hotel 1000 that our readers are going to be able to enjoy.

I see you are from Seattle- hope you will return soon and often.

Warm regards,

Stevensville, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Hotel 1000 for 4 nights over Mother's Day weekend. The weather in Seattle was fantastic. We had all 3 kids with us and had a great trip.

When we originally planned our trip we booked at another hotel. I ended up switching the week of our trip simply because of the reviews here.

I can say without doubt that I'm glad I made the change. It started the moment I pulled up and was greeted warmly by the valet. After he was finished bringing the bags in I realized that I had no cash at all for a tip, I felt horrible and apologized. But even so he continued phenomenal service. I was amazed at this knowing tips are vital to them.

We were greeted with champagne upon check-in which was the first of many over-the-top concessions we received. Our first night we even received chilled milk and cookies for the kids.

Everything about the hotel was clean. The staff were all smiles all the time and eager to lend a hand.

The location was perfect, 2 blocks from the pier and 5 blocks from pike.

The room itself was great. We requested a high floor for a great view and were accommodated with just that.

• Stayed May 2013
Denny F, General Manager at Hotel 1000, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Am delighted that you and your family had a wonderful 4 day stay at Hotel 1000 and you found that my staff was "eager to please!"

I am glad that you also spent the time reading the reviews that many of our guests spend time reading about Hotel 1000 and the many features we have to often.

Thanks again and hope you will return.