“I have been ruined for life”

Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle
Ranked #15 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bay Area, CA
“I have been ruined for life”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The hotel itself and the service received was amazing at this hotel and I'm pretty sure me and my boyfriend have been ruined for life!

We were taking a roadtrip from the Bay Area, CA to Seattle and this was our last stop before heading home. I wanted to splurge a bit when we hit the cities so that we could get downtown and really get the experience of the cities and Hotel 1000 did not disappoint.

First, we were greeted with free sparkling wine on check in - awesome! The front desk staff was Rey friendly and knowledgeable and provided us with a map of things we must see before we leave Seattle - circling each one on the map.

My friend lives in Seattle so we told her we arrived and while we waited went down to Boka to have a snack and a beer which was nice. When. My friend arrived we set off to explore Pikes Place which was within easy walking distance to the hotel. We went and saw the pier and then took the monorail to the space needle.

After the space needle my friend suggested a place to eat in Capital Hill and suggested that we take a bus over there. Remembering that the front desk staff mentioned a free car that will drive you around - I gave the hotel a call. Within 10 minutes we were riding in style in the hotel Lexus and on our way to our destination. The valet that picked us up also mentioned a couple of other places we should hit!

We continued walking around the streets of Seattle and when we were ready to go back to the hotel we gave them a call once more. They said that the car was currently dropping someone else off and would be by shortly. They said it would be 15 mins and after 5 minutes the car was sitting outside of my friends apartment ready to take us back. Awesome!

Came back to our room all ready for us to go to sleep (freaking love turndown service!) with nice ambient noises running in the background.

After hitting Pikes Place again in the morning and asking for late checkout (which the front staff gave me no grief about) we were ready to start making our way back to CA. I called up the valet to grab our car and went to the front desk. I had mentioned to the staff that I was going to try to take the coast down and they provided some tips eventually referring me to the concierge who printed out directions for me and told me all about the drive down! The valet, seeing that my request would take a couple of minutes offered to pack my bags into my car while I was talking with the concierge.

Ready to start our long drive back, the valet gave us both bottles of water with the hotel logo on them which was amazing when you're stuck in the car.

Hotel was amazing, staff was amazing, would stay again! Makes it really hard to stay at motels on the way home :P

Room Tip: Ocean view was nice - would definitely try to get as high as possible with it though as there is a b...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Denny F, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear "Ruined!!"

what a pleasure reading your extensive review. I actualy ent it to all of my manager and supervisors as well as read it and my staff meeting yesterday..

Thank you for your time in writing many aspects of your expereince.

Please return soon- want to welcome you and your boyfriend back..

Denny Fitzpatrick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (492)
  • Korean first
houston, texas
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stayed at Hotel 1000 from March 29-31. We arrived at the hotel, and proceeded to check in. Was greeted with smiles and a "Happy Birthday!" then handed a long stemmed rose. Very nice gesture! Husband and I were also given a glass of sparkiling wine. Wondferul after a long day of travel. We stayed in room 1109, and it had a beautiful view of Puget Sound. The tub that everyone raves about is just as cool as they say! Housekeeping was timely and thorough. We also took advantage of room service for some late night bites. We were given vouchers for 2 cocktails, which we appreciated, and enjoyed them in BOKA Bar. We lucked out on some beautiful weather, and enjoyed walking to Pikes Market, as well as an array of attractions, bars, and restaurants. Very convenient location. Book this hotel! This staff is knocking it out of the park!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your high recommendation of "perfection"

Delighted that you had a memorable time with us. Eventhough you are a distance away in Texas- hope if your travel plans bring you back to Seattle- you will let us be of service to you again.

Warm regards,

united states
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed here for a few days for Easter weekend. Hotel is close to the wharf and market. Room was nice and big. The bathroom was very big and modern as well. One thing to note is never to get a room close to the 4th floor terrace. Our second night there (rm 501), a wedding reception was going on right below the room. We can hear all the music, thumping, yelling and woohoo. The noise didnt end until around 11 pm. The following night which was our last, we saw on their board that there is a birthday celebration from 7 pm - midnight! We didn't want to go thru another noisy night again so we told the front desk that they move us to a different room. They did agree to move us to a different room and it was so much quieter!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pestman
Denny F, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thak you for not only staying with us but also for spending the time to write to our readers about your experience.

i am delighted to know that my staff accomodate your request to move to another area- away from the wedding.

Hope that you will return again soon and often.

La Grande, Oregon
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My girlfriend and I wanted to get one of the nicest hotels we could in Seattle and were not disappointed by Hotel 1000. We went with the waterview room and requested a higher floor as previous reviewers suggested. We were the corner room (with wonderful large windows on both walls) on the 8th floor and the view was alright but there was a building in the way. We didn't hear any street noise at that level either. The room was big, comfortable, and modern. We checked in easily (even though both of us were under 21) and without the rudeness that some reviewers had mentioned before. We went out and when we came back we had robes, chocolates, and slippers waiting for us. It was a nice touch. Overall We both had an excellent time, although parking is a problem. They offer valet at $40 a night and it is needed since there is no parking near the hotel. A minor cost to know your vehicle is safe and easily accessible 24 hours a day.

Room Tip: Make sure to get the valet service. And try and request a corner room if you can.
Dear Guest from Oregon,

Thank you for your kind review and the many compliments about our hotel and the many features we offer. It is certainly well located especially the 4 block casual walk to the famous Pike Place Market.

Illinois
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed here a couple nights while in Seattle. As all the other reviews state, the hotel is beautiful and our room was very comfortable. Every member of the staff we interacted with were professional, extremely friendly and helpful.

The reason I am not giving the hotel a higher rating is due to "service" issues. When we arrived to check-in, somehow our reservation was in the hotels system for May instead of March. After showing them the confirmation email I had received showing a March reservation it took about 15 minutes for them to find a room and resolve the problem. The next day, we left the room about 9A and returned about 5P to find the room had not been cleaned. When we called the front desk, we were informed that there had been an issue with the electronic lock and they would try to get someone from housekeeping to our room before they left at 6. So instead on being able to relax and change for dinner, we had to lave the room.

While these are somewhat minor inconveniences and the staff did resolve the problems, I expect a higher degree of service when staying at a hotel that charges the rates they charge. Would I stay here again ... probably.

Room Tip: The water view rooms have a great view of the port.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and also commenting on the service areas that needed attention.
I do apologize for the delay in getting into your room- this should not have happened.

You did mention that you would probably stay with us again.

I hope you will so we can make the next time more memorable than this past one.

When you decide to stay again- will you please email me directly @ denny.fitzpatrick@hotel1000seattle.com , so I can arrange your visit.Sincerely,

Bismarck, North Dakota
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were getting away from the cold temps and snow of North Dakota for a long weekend and the Hotel 1000 was perfect for making our stay in Seattle a memorable one. Matty was spot on with his recommendations all weekend, and each member of the staff went above and beyond to make us feel like we were the most important people in the hotel. The ONLY negative (and I'm nitpicking), was the shower. Temps were difficult to control, going from one extreme temp to another.

This is a fantastic hotel, top to bottom. We've stayed at numerous boutique hotels around the country, and this tops the list. We would recommend it without hesitation, and hope to be back soon. Thanks to everyone at the Hotel 1000 for a memorable weekend!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My husband and I decided to try a "new to us" hotel in Seattle for his birthday celebration. We are so glad we did--Hotel 1000 was a great experience! The bath and bath tub were especially nice. :) From the moment we arrived, the staff made us feel like we were at our personal hotel.

Room Tip: We had a water view room, which was a definite plus.
1 Thank latigo5406
Dear Guest from Seattle,

Delighted that you and your husband decided to "try us out" on your special occassion.

Please come again and often!! Would love to have you with us again.