“Loved it here!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Newbury
“Loved it here!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

The Hotel is on 1st Avenue which is perfect for downtown & the Ferry! Pike place is a 5-7 minute walk, and there is plenty of places to see on the way.

The hotel is well decorated, and the staff uber friendly, they honestly could not do enough. The rooms are so lovely. And everything you could want, coffee machine, kettle, well stocked mini bar, robes & a rubber duck to name a few.

The bathroom makes the experience. It's well appointed with a good shower and Molton Brown toiletries. But what makes it is the bath. The wall between the room and the bathroom is a clear glass wall whch allows you water views while you bather. The bath is a stand along bath and big and roomy. The little extra touch of it filling from the ceiling is so fun!

The Spa (spahhhh) is really nice too. And reasonably proiced.

Should I come to Seatlle I would definately stay here again, it's not cheap but you totally get what you pay for and our stay here was fabulous!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Denny F, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
Delighted that "you loved it here!". My staff will very much enjoy redaing the details in your review and thank you for using our spa.

We look forward to your return and am delighted that we have earned your business and loyalty.

Denny Fitzpatrick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Korean first
Seattle, WA
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Everything about Hotel 1000 is about non-intrusive, excellent service that makes you wonder you what you don't get everywhere else! At check-in we recieved a glass of a nice French sparkler (not champagne, to be strict: http://www.cannonwines.com/wines/view/85) which set a starting point. I asked for a quiet room so we could sleep in, and at the front desk, Jason did a great job setting us up in a silent room. The room was huge, with a king bed, desk, drawers, and chair. There were plugs near both sides of the bed for our phones, and more coffee options than even a coffee geek like me could fully explore: K-cups of Sumatra and Pike Place, and a French Press with a pack of another Starbuck's Dark Roast I hadn't seen before. There was great tech - the TV came with a plug-in for your iPhone if you wanted to use the large speakers for your own music. The bathroom was spacious, and the tub filling from the ceiling was a neat trick. The electronic shades in the bathroom had a subtle sign suggesting you close them for privacy, which made us wonder how many non-English speaking guests have given the neighbors a show to remember! The bed was extremely comfortable, making sleep come easily. The next morning we did indeed sleep in and were pleased to get a late check out, which capped off the most relaxing evening.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room - 1001 was silent.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Denny F, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Running Faster,

Thank you for staying with us in Febuary and for the very detailed review you took the time to write.

Our readers appreciate the "details" that many guests love commenting on.

Hope you will get back here "faster!".

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Being greeted with glasses of sparkling was a nice way to be welcomed, as when we came back from the happy hour at Boka and found our robes and bed turned down and the TV on to a beach sunset. We had a certain scent of soap (and I love the fact they have the large containers rather than little bottles both for the sink and shower to save waste), but I was able to try out all the scents in the public bathroom in the lobby (though I wish the lotions weren't at a weird angle on the wall- at one point it shot past my hand onto my chest instead). Thankfully, they even had two bathmats so he could shower while I lounged in the bathtub and could watch the TV! I also liked that they had the ice in individual ziploc bags right outside the elevator- I even used the ziploc later for leftover food to take home. Also check by the concierge desk- on the way out I finally noticed they had a beverage stand, and so I took some hot apple cider to keep me warm for our walk. The only negative is that there were no plugs by the bed (though there were plenty by the desk) but I use my phone as my alarm and wished there was access there. I also highly appreciated the free wireless as it made researching where to visit very easy. I would stay again if I wanted to specifically be by the Pike Place Market or Waterfront area. My husband travels for work usually at Marriotts and he was impressed with this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor- we were on 5 but still heard talking from the alley.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Denny F, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Guests from Portland,

Thank you for staying with us and for the very detailed over view of your stay. Our bath tubs are one of a kind in the United States.. Glad you relaxed.
It is also really interesting how many of our customers "like" our zip lock bags of ice on every floor- it really is the small things in life that make us smile.

Hope you will return soon and often.

Warm regards,

Tacoma Wa
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This was our first stay at Hotel 1000-Seattle. We were happily able to check in a bit early and were greeted with excellent customer service and a glass of champagne upon arrival. We dropped our things in our room and then went out to walk a bit. The area surrounding this hotel is not the best so I would not suggest a woman go there on her own and venture out. Pike Place Market is nearby as are some great restaurants and they do offer car service to nearby locations. There was turn down service which was a nice touch. Our room was a LUXE room which meant it is the least expensive of the offerings. The room is nice; I would have preferred one king bed vs 2 queen beds and it would have been great to have a table on each side of the bed to put your glasses, phone, etc. For my husband and I, the bed was not comfortable and we would bring our own pillows next time. The room is very dark and quiet-you could hear some of the emergency vehicles at night and a small amount of traffic noise but otherwise no complaints. The bathroom is excellent with a privacy screen you can lower while bathing etc. should you be with someone you would like to conceal yourself a bit more from. The tub fills from the ceiling, there is a separate shower and there is a separate area for the commode so all of that was very nice and helpful. The linens are nice, great television and it is set to a personalized welcome screen when you enter the room. Once you check in, they remember who you are so, again, I applaud their customer service..valet was also great. I would go again...with my own pillow....

Room Tip: We were in room 806-no view so if that is important to you, you may want to upgrade to the next leve...
Dear Guest from Tacoma,

Thank you for staying with us and for the very nice overview of your stay with us.

I understand that the next time - you will bring your own pillow- love it!!.
Please return soon and often.

Vancouver
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Chose this hotel for a girls' weekend because of rave reviews by a friend. I was a bit concerned off the bat because when we arrived at 5 p.m. to check in, our room still wasn't ready and we were told it would be another 30 minutes. Normally, I'm not fussed but my friend had taken ill was hoping to have a lie down. The front desk staff were genuinely sorry that the room wasn't ready, gave us a couple of glasses of sparkling wine (which everyone gets on check-in, yum), plus some vouchers for cocktails. So I was quite happy to wait in the lounge for a bit - and our room was ready within 15 minutes.
The room was wonderful - lots of space, great programming on TV (useful when one of you is ill and you actually spend a good part of the weekend lounging), and the Best Bathtub Ever. Deep and wide and just delightful. The spout is just remarkable - built into the ceiling - and the tub fills in minutes. Use the bubble bath; it lasts forever. The beds were also very comfortable which meant I had a hard time getting up in the morning to use the gym. This would be my only, minor suggestion for the 1000 - improve the TVs on the cardio machines in the gym. I get it, I'm a bit spoiled, but I love cardio equipment that has individual TVs, as it passes a grueling hour on the treadmill so much more quickly. They do have individual TVs, but there are only four channels and the picture quality was poor.
The service at the 1000 is fantastic. On our second night, we found out that there's a complimentary car service and so we booked it to go to dinner which was great. One of the valets - Garth, I think (forgive me, forgot the name), drove us and picked us up after dinner which allowed both of us to enjoy a few cocktails.
Overall, a wonderful stay. Good location for restaurants, shopping, and bars. Lovely and genuine service. I'd stay again in a hearbeat, and in fact, am planning a couple's getaway with the hubby there next time.

Room Tip: If you're going to need to get some distance within downtown and don't want to drive or cab...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Denny F, General Manager at Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear Guest from Vancouver,

Thank you for the great comments about your stay with us recently. Delighted that and your girl friends have many memories with us.

I see that you are planning on coming back hopefully some time soon with your husband. Please send me an email @ denny.fitzpatrick@hotel1000seattle.com so we can make your stay even more memorable.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I only have great things to say about our stay at this hotel!! I booked a romantic weekend, the "1000 ways to say I love you," and the staff really made sure everything went off without a hitch! We had dinner reservations at the Met up the street. I called down to reserve a taxi so I didn't have to walk uphill in heels and when we arrived downstairs, the hotel set us up with the hotel, which drove us to dinner and then came back and picked us up. I highly recommend staying at this hotel to anyone! It was a perfect stay, great location, and we will definitely go back!

Dear Sandy,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write about your "amazing" stay with us.
Our valet team loves driving our guest around the downtown area.

i see you live in the Tacoma area- please return soon and often.

seattle, washington
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We spent a lovely night at this spendid propoerty. Loved the location, which worked well with a symphony concert. I admit though I'm not the best "luxury person". Many nice touches, with champagne on check in, cookies and then chocolate in our room, lovely robes and slippers, glass walls in bathroom with fancy ceiling filled bath tub. Very fancy. Valet for car is fabulous and smooth.

Room Tip: try to face the water
1 Thank NWroamer11
Dear Guest from Seattle,

what a wonderful review- thank you for pointing out many features of our property and the service that compliments our hotel.

i see that you are from Seattle. Please return soon and often.

Warm regards,