“Convenient location, clean apartment”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 11 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Peter S
“Convenient location, clean apartment”
Reviewed July 12, 2017 for a stay in June 2017
people found this review helpful

I stayed at this air B&B for two weeks, partly on business. I needed a location that was close to Seattle downtown but not so expensive that it would be prohibitive, and this was perfect for my needs.

I am no newcomer to Seattle, so I know the areas relatively well. Beacon Hill is close enough to downtown without being closer to the seedier areas of downtown (near Tukwila). At the same time, it's close enough to the airport that really you don't need a cab to get there, assuming you get an Orca card from the light rail station at the airport (highly recommended). it's about half an hour from the airport (by light rail and catching 36 to Spokane St.) and 15 mins by taxicab. If you drive, you'll get a parking space, which is extremely useful in this part of town (highly desirable for security).

Even though the southern areas of Seattle tend to be a little seedy, Beacon Hill is mostly safe, despite some of the crumbling buildings you'll see on your way there - the seedier areas are further south, near Tukwila and the airport.

There is a Red Apple grocery market within walking distance and the bus stop is right outside your door. There is a fire station opposite the other side of Spokane St, which can be loud at times, but it doesn't really bother you too often and I never had problems sleeping at night because of any noise issues.

The Tippe and Drague Alehouse is literally a three minute walk, and it actually serves very good ale with some basic pub grub that's tasty. Also, Perihelion Brewery is near the station, also worth checking out if beer and basic grub is your thing. A great restaurant nearby is Oak, which has some of the best burgers I've had, period. Also has vegan/vegetarian fare and gets quite busy.

Obviously, if you stay in an apartment, you will want to cook. The kitchen is equipped with everything you would need, pots, pans, spices, even olive oil and quality filter coffee. There is something to be said about waking up and looking over the balcony at the street, knowing from the transit app when your bus is coming and you can be in your apartment sipping your morning coffee which just brewed, having just finished your breakfast. You really feel as if you're at home in the city and not in a hotel.

Internet is a big thing for me due to work. The landlord promises 25 Mbps download speed using WiFi, but I recorded higher speeds. I was in the apartment with the router/modem and recorded a wired down of 80 Mbps, with upload around 6 Mbps, with at least half of that on WiFi.

The landlord is responsive to your needs, if you have any questions he will answer them. Basically, you get 3 keys, one for the apartment, one for a laundry room downstairs and one for the garbage disposal. The laundry room works well, and I used it extensively as I stayed longer. It takes quarters and is clean.

Close by is Jefferson Park, which is nice if you enjoy a morning jog, like I do. You can even golf, if that's your thing.

The only downside (which is something you'd find in most apartments there) was the lack of air conditioning. Normally, that's not an issue in Seattle, but I happened upon a heat wave for a few days and (while the fans provided were mostly sufficient) air conditioning would have helped a lot.

Now about the actual apartment. The living room is spacious, and the extra two couches very comfy,and yes, you can easily lie on them and use them as extra beds, if you so desire. There are outlets everywhere, and the kitchen is nice and clean, with everything you would expect - even some basic food like ramen noodles and frozen dinners.

The bedroom has one queen bed and is comfy, and there are a lot of extra towels in case you need them during your stay. The bathroom is full with a functioning shower - I never had to worry about cold water, not once (and I was on second floor).

We were very satisfied with our stay, and would definitely recommend this to anyone having business in Seattle downtown or who is there as a tourist but wants to stay a little longer and more affordably.

If you don't have a car, I strongly recommend getting your Orca card (from the airport) for each member of your family and pre-loading your e-Purse online with enough money. Assuming even 4 trips per day, you will spend approximately 5-6 bucks each day on transport. If you wish to travel more, you'd need a day pass (which is 8 bucks).

All in all, I had a great stay and enjoyed staying at this apartment.

tjcw0543
Bend, Oregon
“Very nice one bedroom apartment in south Seattle”
Reviewed January 6, 2017 for a stay in December 2016
people found this review helpful

We decided to book this apartment over Christmas rather than stay at a hotel. It worked out very well. Very clean, with a nice kitchen and room to stretch out. You can save money by cooking meals at the apartment. The neighborhood is nice and it only takes a few minutes to get downtown. The only reason I don't give 5 stars is that while the bed in the bedroom is nice, the couches in the living room are small. Our son didn't get a great night sleep. If you have more than two people you may want to bring an air mattress .

WeiT221
“nice owner, great place, convenient location”
Reviewed August 7, 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

We visited Seattle at end of July for a week. We had a great experience - the owner is very nice and responsive, the apartment is clean and spacious, the location is good (close to Freeway, and the bus outside takes you directly to downtown. of course, Seattle is beautiful ! a lot of fun! Many thanks to the owner and tripadvisor!

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
minituss
Angelholm, Sweden
“Very nice place close to public transportation”
Reviewed July 30, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

My friend and me had Seattle as our last stop on our roadtrip. We stayed at this lovely apartment for 2 nights and we really liked it. One bedroom with Queen-sized bed, bathroom with showercabinet, livingroom, kitchen including dishwasher.

Light Rail station which take you Downtown was just a 10-15 minutes walk and there was also a supermarket. Busstop was just downstairs from the apartment.

The owner was very friendly and helpful. I had quick contact all the time with the owner via tripadvisor. The apartment also had free WiFi.

When were leaving the apartment we only had to put plates and such in the dishwasher, wipe off stains. Nothing much.

Traveling group: Friends
debra c
San Diego, California
“Great neighborhood!”
Reviewed May 31, 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

This was a fabulous location. As pervious folks have stated the light rail is less then .5m away, the 36 bus stops right outside the door (you can get an orca card at the light rail station if you did not get it form the airport) If you are only staying in Seattle you don't even need a car but I was going out to the Penninsula so the off street parking was essential.
It is very clean and functional, the closet has adequate options for storage. The Red Apple Market is just down the street so you can get anything you need from there. The bed was comfy and the shower hot. All the appliances worked well and I would love to find that splash cover Trond has in the microwave!
The unit building and next door neighbors are quiet but as folks stated the fire department is on the corner in the lovely Jefferson Park (be sure to take a picnic over there, sweet park). The car/bus noise does slow down in the evening but I am super sensitive so having earplugs was a bonus at night.
You can open the windows and get a nice breeze through, I was there during a warm spell as opposed to a rainy Seattle. I highly recommend the Tippe and Drague, El Quetzel and Oak for area restaurants. All with in easy walking distance. You can't beat the location as it was easy to find off the 5 (why is Seattle traffic so bad??) and there is a local libraby and a great pastry place (also near the light rail station).

Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: Area, ease of access to public transport
Liked least: street noise level
Traveling group: Solo
GoodVib
Amherst, Massachusetts
“Sorry Trond”
Reviewed January 29, 2015 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

It has taken me a long time to write this review because I wanted to be fair and objective in my description. The dot rating does not accurately reflect our experience. It is an average of some very good things and some very disappointing interaction with the owner.

We were very satisfied with the process of arranging the rental. Trond was very accommodating. It was very pleasant corresponding with him to clarify the arrangements. The apartment was as described and he left a us Italian olive oil and coffee, as promised.

We enjoyed using the space. It was clean and well maintained. It was, as advertised, a short walk to the train station. There is also a grocery store near the train station. It really didn't bother us since we are used to living in cities, but since the fire station is across the street and the bus stop is right outside the building it was a little noisy at night.

The problems arose after we left the apartment. We thought we had left it in decent condition. Trond disagreed. We engaged in several text messages that day. First, he accused us of not taking off our shoes when we entered the apartment, because he noticed that we did not wear the slippers he left. We preferred to be barefoot. He then said we left all the dishes and pots dirty (not true) and the counters greasy (not true). I think I probably could have cleaned a table in the living room better.

As far as I am concerned all his criticism was unfounded because he never left any instructions on how he expected the apartment be left. We have stayed in other apartment rentals and although I don't particularly like housework, I make it a point to go out of my way to be respectful of other people's belongings and lifestyle.

I do not understand what set him off. We followed all the instruction he left. He did not leave any cleaning instructions. We assumed that since we paid a cleaning fee, that any heavy cleaning would be covered by that fee. (He told us he needed to pay the housekeeper double the amount.) Had he left more specific instructions we would have followed them.

We liked the location and the apartment and would have liked to stay there again, but that is now out of the question.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It was a cozy comfortable place
Liked least: Dealing with the owner after we checked out
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
NorCalKat
Nor Cal
“Super convenient and clean”
Reviewed November 13, 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

This apartment is located in an older building in the Seattle suburbs but the unit has been renovated and is sparkling clean inside (shoes off please). The bed was comfortable, linens in the bedroom and bathroom were clean and plentiful, and there was even a hair dryer. The living room is simply furnished and was bright with lots of natural light from the windows and patio doors, although I admit the glass tabletops in the living room made my inner klutz nervous.

The days I stayed were rainy and cool, and I ended up using the heater, which worked fine. I didn't try the Wi-Fi but the internet connection was perfect with my aircard. There seemed to be plenty of channels on TV and there's a DVD player and iPod charger for your convenience. The kitchen has new, spotless appliances and is fully stocked with dishes, utensils, pots and pans, etc. The washer and dryer are classic quarter-fed models in a shared basement laundry room.

The #36 bus to downtown is right outside the front gate of the complex and couldn't be more convenient, running along Beacon Ave day and night. The light rail station (easy airport access), public library, and a grocery store are about half mile/10 min walk away, decent Mexican restaurant 5 minutes walk. There's also a firehouse nearby, but the sirens were infrequent and no real bother. The neighborhood is older and family friendly but quiet, and I felt safe walking alone after dark. I was pleased with my stay and would recommend this spot as a convenient, affordable option to staying downtown.

It was my first time using FlipKey, and I'm grateful to Trond for being very responsive and easygoing.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: easy access to public transportation
Liked least: complex next door has floodlight that keeps bedroom fairly bright at night
Traveling group: Solo
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing