“Just stunning! Perhaps the most beautiful place in Seattle.”
Review of Glasshouse Studio

Glasshouse Studio
Ranked #18 of 73 Museums in Seattle
columbus
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Just stunning! Perhaps the most beautiful place in Seattle.”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We really enjoyed browsing this store and wish we could have brought home a truckload of this art. I am already pondering remodels of some rooms and trying to figure out where would could use some glass. If I had the right "decor" in my home I would have been in big trouble because I am not kidding when I say I could have easily bought ten or more pieces. Each item was more beautiful than the next. The people who work here are very nice even though we only bought a small snail. Next time we promise to buy more (:

Visited September 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
“Amazing collection”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

They had soooo much glass on display. It was really mindblowing. They have a hot shop also, but smaller than Seattle Glassblowing. Allow yourself time to go through the displays slowly. Don't be put off by getting to the location. It's worth the visit.

Visited April 2013
Salem, Oregon
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“incredible”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

so many beautiful peices, these artist have impecible skills that you never thought could be possible. you gotta walk in to this shop!

Visited November 2012
Alabama
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Beautiful glass pieces and engaging artists”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

As I walked into the shop was overwhelmed by the beautiful pieces of glass. Near the back of the shop the artists make their glass pieces. The artist I talked with explained each step as he made a bowl. I asked him many questions and he was more than happy to answer them. I was surprised to see that he wore sandals since he was carrying such hot glass. I took pictures of many of the pieces and no one seemed to mind. I particularly liked the lighting pendants.

Visited November 2012
Orlando, Florida
894 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,843 helpful votes
“Glasshouse throws no stones”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

"It's our signature piece," said Daniel, Glasshouse Studio's manager, about the magnificent museum-quality platter depicted in the photograph that I dubbed 'Universe Unfolding'. I didn't ask the price, knew I couldn't afford it. Two visits later, Daniel stuck a SOLD sign on it. Located near Pioneer Square at 311 Occidental Avenue South (206/682-9939; www.Glasshouse-Studio.com), this museum-like shop creates its artwork onsite. Imaginative glass creations include hummingbirds, pendant lamps and chandeliers, jewelry, and a host of must-have items. Glasshouse "shattered" my credit card limit, but the magnificent artwork I brought home is treasured. Even if you don't purchase something--not advised!--a tour of this "art museum" and hot shop where art created with the medium of glass is well worth the trip to Seattle.

Visited August 2012