“Showbox at the Market”

Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Showbox at the Market”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

i went there to a concert to see Fabolous and Pusha T. It was nice sized and the staff was great. Their are two bars located on each side of the stage and are conveinent. Since this was an all ages event you must drink in the bar and the staff gaurded the bars very carfeully. I was able to get up close to the performers and the sound and equipment were great. Overall my experience here was amazing and I can't wait to attend another concert.

Visited May 2013

Bremerton, WA
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Awesome Shows Downtown”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've been going to the showbox on and off for the last 13 years. Most recently we saw two shows last week and they were both a blast. The venue isn't huge but its not a tiny hole in the wall either. During the first show we were able to get right up front and close to one of my favorite bands, something you can only dream of at a stadium show, and during the second show we were able to chill at a table in the bar and avoid the massive mosh pit in the crowd. The security and staff have always been helpful and its location across from Pike Place market and the brewery is perfect. Will definitely be going back in the future.

Visited March 2013
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Intimate venue, Green Room needs work”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We saw a show at the Showbox and really enjoyed the show, but to be honest it was more because of the act itself than the venue. Prior to the show, we got some food and drinks at the adjoining bar/lounge, the Green Room. We were pleased to find out that by hanging out there before the show we'd be allowed entry into the venue before they opened the doors to the street, but that was really the only reason we stayed. The service was awful (we had several servers, none of whom seemed to know who we were, what we'd ordered, or any of the procedures of the restaurant), the food was pretty bad too (we just had nachos), the ambiance was dingy and the facility badly needs some love (huge gaping holes in the ceiling of the restrooms, etc). The show venue itself needs more seating, although the bartenders in the venue seemed a lot more on the ball, which I appreciated. We may come back to this venue, but it'll be for the act, not for the room.

Visited February 2013
South West U.S.
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“What watching live music should be.”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Great venue. It's simple, don't make going to see a live band like trying to score heroin in a Lou Reed song. Be professional, clean, timely and always, and I mean always, have it be general admission. Even the drinks were reasonable. Bartender friendly. I felt security was unobtrusive. By the way, I saw Serj Tankain and he had this to say about playing Seattle, "best rock and roll town in "Merica!"
Sir, I concur.

Visited September 2012
Snohomish
“B'z at Showbox Sodo”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I saw the acclaimed Japanese Rock Band "B'z" with my 15 year old daughter last night. I had no idea what to really expect because I had never heard of them prior to that. Wow, they are amazing and the musicians in that band are among the best in the world. Tak Matsumoto, the lead guitarist, blew my mind on his signature Les Paul with unworldly talent and style. The instrumentals from him and the other members will give you chills. If you love the sound of electric guitar or are a musician, you have GOT to see Matsumoto; look him up. I enjoyed the talent from the other musicians as well and the outstanding passion in that band. Why had I never heard of this band?

I've read a few of the other reviews off of Yelp and they lead me to believe my money was wasted and Showbox Sodo was a dump with poor sound quality and mean security staff. Is that true? Well, the security staff are an army of young adults in a position of power so go figure and don't focus on that. They enforce the rules, watch everyone closely and that is their job. The sound quality was good and LOUD, just what I wanted to hear. I really felt the bass and the music in there. If you are standing on the floor you will be packed in tightly with others. Okay, if you haven't danced in years and are self conscious about it then this is perfect, let loose, noone will even notice!

There was plenty of parking around there and it ranged from $5, $7 and $10 with ample street parking as well. There is a Jimmi Johns sub shop down the street if you want to grab a quick inexpensive bite before the concert and it was delicious.

If you are able to bring your child you won't be able to enjoy the lounge and will end of standing in line outside and later on a concrete floor for hours, which was my case. If you have a bad back you must go with adults.

Have fun.