“Exceptional presentation”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 23rd Avenue
Transit: directly in front of the restaurant
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Rissotto with no rice? It's made from ground up squid.
Lamb with no lamb? You get three 1 inch circles of ?? well, lamb I guess, together with mushroom bits and a few other fresh veggies. Dessert is thrown in as you must order the three (or five) course meal. There are "intermezzos" also included----a sweet macaroon with a cheesy filling. Overall the freebies were too sweet.The wait staff were very efficient and the room is ultra modern. Why the four star rating?? It is a restaurant with style and the evening will be a real memory. You won't leave hungry but you won't get overfull with the food that fills one third of a regular size plate. Expensive---yes, and the wine I chose was sold out. Mostly the wine is overpriced in my opinion. There are not many places like this anywhere.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We both had the 3 course meal which was delicious. I am a vegetarian and hubbies is a meat eater. We both loved our meals and the additional special dishes between courses. The only complaint is that the chef has a sweet tooth and as a result, desserts tend to be very sweet and so do some of the savory dishes. Service is excellent and it is expensive, but worth it.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Went with my husband just after my birthday in November and was initially excited they had room for us on a Saturday night. Now I know why. After spending enough to feed a small village, we were left underwhelmed and unhappy. The service was dismal, rushed and completely unprofessional. We were seated in the noisy bar, which would be fine if they had some control over the staff carousing with patrons seated at the bar as the night wore on. The food was not at all what we had experienced in the past. One of chef selected courses was a macaroon type of cookie with a smoked crème center. Because the service was so awful I did not catch what the waiter said when he put the item on the table and I picked up the cookie and immediately smelled an ashtray. I complained to my husband before taking a bite that they shouldn't let people smoke close to the doorway, the waiter overheard me and stepped back to the table to ask me what I smelled, and waving the cookie I said "I smell smoke! It's like the inside of an ashtray!" and he explained it was the food, the smoked crème inside the cookie I was still waving around. Shocked and a little amused my husband and I took a bite and were both equally disgusted with the result. It tasted just like it smelled, like we'd licked an ashtray. We will sadly not be back.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We stopped by on a lark to see if they had any room on a Thursday night, they graciously offered the counter last two seats. It is always a treat to watch the kitchen staff prepare your delicious meal. And what an amazing dinner we had, beautiful presentation, taste and the service was extraordinary. I can not wait to go back!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We've been to Crush before and had a nice experience but last night's meal was doomed from the start. We were given the table right by the door on the main level. We are "quite busy" we were told. So every person who entered after we sat down came with a nice burst of cold air (the upstairs is so much better). The front room is extremely loud but was made even louder by the table of 6 right behind us who all battled to talk over one another (the table on the other side of them asked them twice to tone it down) not Crush's fault but horrible acoustics just dampen the experience. We ordered a bottle of white Burgundy to get the night started. After 10 minutes we were told they were out. Fine. We selected another bottle. When it came it was two vintages off from what we thought we were ordering. Another try. We were 30 minutes in before tasting a sip of wine which wasn't cold. Our group did the 3 course menu. The food really is good (though my entree was just warm). But the thing that gets you is the portions are so small. Maybe they thought we did the grand tasting menu instead and wanted to make sure we weren't too full. For $400 (before tip) for 4 I don't want to leave hungry. Seattle has so many amazing restaurant options this one doesn't rise to the top.