“Slow food at it's tastiest”
Review of Volterra

Volterra
Reserve with OpenTable
Volterra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #422 of 4,245 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Ballard
Cross street: 20th Ave NW
Transit: Metro Bus #17 and 18
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I had the rabbit ragu and it was spectacular. The atmosphere is quite and and good for conversation. My mother had the lamb shank and it was also amazing. They know how to slow cook food with complex flavors and it doesn't get any more tender and rich.

Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Our very knowledgeable waiter steered us to wonderful entrees and wine selections. Quiet atmosphere for visiting with friends and family.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Volterra is a decent Italian restaurant suitable for families and bigger groups. The setting is nice; however it can get little loud as the dining area is one big room with tables placed relatively close to each other.

We gave it a try during Dine around Seattle. The courses were on a smaller side but combined together produced satisfying meal.

When it comes to the food quality I found the sauce the wild boar was served with over salted but since I’m generally very modest in salt use, it might’ve been just my taste buds that did not appreciate it. The rest of the food was tasty but did not really wow us.

If I was in the neighborhood and found myself hungry, I would come back to Volterra; however I would probably not seek it for a planned special occasion.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had a wonderful 3 course dinner during 3 for $30 week in Seattle. Great choices---4 of us sampled the entire special menu and everyone got to compare. A good selection of WA wines added to the enjoyment. The entrees were creative and very good, but the desserts were worth a late night visit just for them.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Brunch is my favorite meal and Volterra, an Italian-style restaurant, has never disappointed. It is in the Ballard section of Seattle, a little out of the way, but there are lots of other things to see and do in Ballard, once you get there. Recently we were there with a party of six adults and a child on a Saturday. The restaurant was not crowded. On Sundays it is more so as it is next to the year-long Sunday Farmer's Market. They do take reservations.

The service is unobtrusive and competent. They were happy to oblige us with something special for our young child, the birthday girl. We had a selection of different entrees, Bread Pudding with Gouda Cream Sauce and Asparagus Tips, Yukon Gold Potato Hash with Duck Confit, Wild Boar Sausage Eggs Benedict, and Wild Mushroom and Truffle Scramble were the standouts. The Challah French Toast is also delicious. Cocktails are inventive and varied. We were not rushed during our meal. Coffee and water were refilled quickly.

The dining room is elegant but not fussy. It never gets really loud so conversation is easy. Volterra is a lovely place for a special meal.