“Disappointing service”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lake Union
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My daughter and I arrived in Seattle late one evening and Joey's was conveniently located just down the road from our hotel - so we strolled down for a late bite (around 10pm from memory). It's in a lovely location, right by the Lake Union marina, and the decor etc was quite elegant. However, after being shown to a table by the young lady at the front desk, we essentially got ignored for quite some time. There were lots of attractive young things in various black skirts wandering around, but nobody seemed to "own" us - so I ended up having to ask for service.

We also noticed that a couple of other tables close by were having some service issues too, and the manageress was comping meals with great abandon - not a good sign. Anyway, we ordered an appetizer and a Bacon Cheddar Burger between us, which was a good move given that the burger was way larger than either of us could have consumed alone. It was also a very good burger indeed, so no complaints about that.

The lack of service was really quite disappointing, because there was no shortage of staff - they just all seemed to be intent on "looking good" and at no stage could we work out whether we had a specific server assigned to us. When the bill finally arrived, the manageress had comped the appetizer and apologized for the extended wait in getting served - so it seems like there's a systemic problem in the establishment that needs some attention.

All in all, we had quite a pleasant evening - but a little too much like hard work to be high on list of places to go back to.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

They have a number of Televisions for Pac 12 Sports, try the nachos. The bartender did goof up my drink order but the server quickly and efficiently fixed it. This was my second time here and would go again.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

The pizza was filling and very good! Not such a deal on drinks but the food discount helped.Service was good but we were the only people in the bar.

Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful service, great views, fun interactive servers... And awesome beverages, i had them make something different that was not normal... Great martinis... Big pours and strong

Reviewed November 17, 2012

The past few times I have been there the food quality and service has steadily gotten worse. Based on my last visit where I was served the worst Filet I have had in years and it took me 40 minutes to get it...I ain't going back.