“Too much!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lake Union
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The food at Joey's is pretty good, but it is frankly overpriced. The ambiance is that of a slightly upscale chain restaurant, and there are pretty nice views out to the lake. The waitstaff is not what you'd expect at an upscale restaurant - there appears to be lots of turnover, and it seems that they will also hire any woman under age 25 who looks good in a tight skirt. I realize this could be appealing to some people...

But there is almost nothing on the lunch menu under $15. A fish sandwich for $17... tasty, but pricey. For visitors looking for a beautiful water view at lunch, I'd recommend instead that people go to Palisade in Magnolia, and order their prix fixe "Magnolia" lunch. for $16 at Palisade, you get an appetizer, entree, and dessert. Palisade is MUCH more elegant, with highly skilled waitstaff and impeccable food, and I think the water views are far nicer. Or, if you're stuck on Lake Union, try I Love Sushi for truly fresh, excellent sushi. They have lunch specials starting at $10 that include the best miso soup I've ever had.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Seattle. Good service, terrric food, great ambiance. Absolutely recommended.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Visited this place a few times while on business in Seattle. The location was nice and close to the airport and right at the mall I find myself at while killing time. Good food and awesome desserts.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

We walked in there for pre-dinner drinks and snacks and were lucky to get a seat on the patio. The views are great and the place has a nice and trendy atmosphere, enhanced by the very attractive wait staff. We had a few drinks and beers and ordered some appetizers to share. The Hibachi wings were some of the best chicken wings I ever had.

As we didn't have a full meal, I can't comment on the quality of food other than a few snacks. But for drinks and snacks on a patio on a nice summer day, this must be one of the places to go.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

My sister and I decided to go to Joeys since it had a patio and great lake view. That is about all it had going for it. We sat at the bar with our backs to the lake and had a few martinis. The bartender, Hannah, was wonderful and very upbeat. We watched her great people in a very welcoming way and make small talk with patrons. we were impressed by her. The hostesses when we entered were not impressive. They did not smile and really made us feel like an inconvenience. They seemed unsure about what to do. the restaurant was not very full, but the patio was comfortably full; not too crowded. This restaurant needs a staff meeting about being more available to the customers needs.