“Expected much better!”

Mondello Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
Mondello Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #569 of 4,304 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Magnolia / Queen Anne
Description: Mondello is one of Seattle's most under rated Italian restaurants according to Thrillst. Serving lunch and dinner daily Mondello is run by Corrino, born and raised in Sicily, Italy by his mother who is the chef and cook at Mondello nightly. This is truly authentic Italian, with a focus on Sicilian food and seafood. A true romantic and neighborhood restaurant. Catering available.
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We went to Mondello's for an engagement celebration for our son and his bride to be, there were 8 of us. The service was slow, we had to ask like 3 times for more bread and they would bring 4 slices for all of us. We finally quit asking! Three of us had lasagna and it was not even luke warm! It would have been good. The others all said their food was pretty good. For the price we paid for all of us to eat you would think we could have gotten better service and atleast warm food. When they ask us if we wanted dessert my husband ask for a dessert menu but theysaid all they had was vanilla ice cream! Was expecting a really special place but they fell short! It was nice inside.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I have so wanted this restaurant to be good as it is in my neighborhood and I am a huge fan of Italian cuisine. Sadly, after three visits and three different meals I have been very disappointed each time. Their pasta is made on sight and it is usually pretty well done, though it always arrives only slightly warm. Both times I have ordered their veal meatballs they have arrived cold, very crumbly and grainy in texture and packed way too tight. Like wise the Scampi e Spinaci was overcooked and arrived cold and the white wine & roasted garlic reduction was more like a soup. Since their prices are on the upper end of the scale for Italian food, I have to recommend going elsewhere such as Assaggio or Volterra, which is just 5 minutes away from Mondello's. On the plus side, the staff is friendly and attentive and the wine selection is good.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Having vacationed in Italy, this restaurant brought back fond memories of delicious Italian food. Our lunch started with fresh baked bread and an herbed oilive oil. My friends had the mixed Mista salad, and then the Linguine alle Vongole (with clams). I started with a cup of lentil soup. The cup was the size of a bowl. I then had the Sicilian Bolognese. Both entrees came with homemade pasta. The wines on the wine list were very affordable, with several bottles under $30. The food portions were plentiful. We had enough to take home for another meal. The young Bulgarian woman who served us was very attentive, but did not hover. She allowed us to dine at a leisurely pace. My apologies for not getting her name so that I could include it in this review. This was my second time to Mondello's, and I'm looking forward to returning.

1  Thank Gman2053
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We attended a Christmas party here. The family style dishes were very good. The wine selection was great. Salad was tasty. Bread was ok. Service was exceptional. Glad I found this place. Atmosphere is pretty nice,,,no problem with parking.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We've been eating here almost since it opened -- we and they moved into the neighborhood at about the same time. Run by a Sicilian family, and they also sell their pasta and sauces at the Magnolia neighborhood farmers' market (May-Sept.). Good salad and bruschetta (try the olive and the artichoke), soup (try the lentil), pastas (try the carbonara; the bolognese; the lasagna), and a few secondi. Specials depend on what's fresh: the fresh fish specials are popular. Wine is a strength here, as some other family members import wine, so the selection is good and reasonably priced. It is a popular neighborhood place, so call for reservations, especially on weekends. Some weekend nights an acoustic guitarist plays (no vocals). If it's crowded here, go around the corner and a block up to the Neapolitan pizza place run by the same family -- check out the Madonna on top of the pizza oven!