“Charming and convenient”

11th Avenue Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 27 Seattle B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 1, 2010

We loved walking everywhere - lots of restaurants, park, Seattle Asian Art Museum, Conservatory, REI and a bus at the corner took us to the airport train. Our 2nd floor Ruby Room was well furnished with a desk for our computer and strong wireless connection. The separate bathroom would benefit from a larger shelf to leave travel bags, but the shower was perfect with plush towels and toiletries supplied. The guest computers, printer, and free phone calls in the US were a bonus, especially since our cell phone battery died. The fresh fruit basket made up for 'store' cookies available all day with beverages and use of a frig. A choice at breakfast would have been nice since we had omelet 2 out of 3 days. But there were instant oatmeal packets and fresh fruit. The oatmeal pancake was my favorite part of this great B&B.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 14, 2010

11th AVE B&B met and exceeded my expectations all around. We had a late arrival (9:30ish) the evening of our arrival and via email, the host ensured he'd be up to greet us, and had contigency plans (also emailed to us) if we were severely delayed.

Our room was wonderfully and thoughtfully furnished with antiques and yet the matress was firm and sheets crisp and comfy. Although very close (2 blocks) from a very major street in the Capitol Hill neighborhood, the Inn itself is on a very quiet street and there was NO street noise whatsover.

The breakfasts we had for both mornings were delicious and fresh, plus other niceties including a local map and recommended restaurants were all included and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2010

We chose this place because it is located in the charming and eclectric neighborhood of Capital Hill where our son and daugher-in-law. It is within walking distance of two wonderful parks: Volunteer Park and Cal Anderson Park. Broadway, with it's unique shops and restaurants, is practically around the corner. The Inn was quiet and friendly, always serving up a delicious hot breakfast each morning and snacks, coffee, tea, etc. available free throughout the day. Our room, the Garnet room, was larger than some with comfortable bed and bedding. Loved the jacuzzi tub, what a treat after walking several miles daily! It's easy to walk to downtown but some may want to ride a bus or taxi back up the hill!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2010

It's taken us some time to share our experience at 11th Avenue B&B but we feel it's only fair to advise others of our experiences.
We spoke to David a few times before making up our minds to stay at this B&B and when we confirmed he advised us that since we were arriving SEA at 10PM he would wait for us 'till 11:30 to show us to our room, he included a note that in the event that no one was there we should look for the key to our room which would be on the porch under the green floor mat behind the rocking chair. When we arrived at 11PM the door was locked and there was no one there to meet us. The note on the door listed a phone number to call - we did and had to leave a message. We looked again at our instruction sheet and found another phone number which we called and also had to leave a message. We looked for the green mat and the rocking chair on the porch but neither were there. Finally, we received a phone call from David - I asked where the rocking chair and the green mat were and he said that they were removed and that the keys were in the mail box at the side of the house. After groping our way around the house we found the keys and let ourselves in and carried our luggage up three flights of stairs. When we saw our room we almost laughed.....the room was completely misrepresented in the website photos. It was so small that my husband and I, both tall but average in size, could not move about the room without bumping into each other. The bathroom was so tiny that the both of us could not be in there at the same time. The next morning at breakfast I found that the only thing available was a beef and cheese burrito, since I do not eat meat or cheese I settled for toast. We have frequently stayed at B&B's in the US, NZ and Europe and we have always been given at least one alternative.
Since we had given a deposit to cover two nights we stayed only two nights, and we never did get to meet David, although I did see a man passing through once.
The 11th Ave. Inn was very conveniently located and we enjoyed our walks into town but overall our stay at this B&B will always be remembered and not in a good way.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank winnerm
11thAveInn, Owner at 11th Avenue Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2010

I agree with the guests - I botched the check-in process when they arrived that evening, and I again apologize. I will do my best to make sure this doesn't happen in the future. David Williams (Owner)

Reviewed July 26, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the 11th Ave. Inn for 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Our room was comfortable and roomy. And the breakfasts were delicious.
My husband made use of the sitting room in the mornings, drinking coffee and reading the paper before breakfast.
The neigborhood was just that, a "neigborhood" with a nearby park where we had a picnic lunch one day. Downtown Seattle, with the market and waterfront, are all within walking distance of the house. Easy to get around.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2010

My husband and I went to Seattle to visit my 94 yr. old aunt but also to sight-see and relax. The 11th Ave Inn was absolutely perfect. Our room was lovely and comfortable, the bathroom immaculate and up-to-date, the breakfasts were heathy, generous and delicious and the innkeeper and the chef were friendly and incredibly helpful. We loved the location of the inn because it was walking distance to Pike's market and the fact that there was free parking. On top of all of these kudos, the price was very, very reasonable!~! We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2010

Fabulous old home in a great location at a good price is already enough but Dave and Beverly make this B&B special. The reservation and check in process were totally personal. The building is surrounded by trees and has a very peaceful feeling. The B&B is beautifully furnished with tons of little things that make it homey. There are guidebooks and computers in a comfortable den, and fruit and nuts and coffee and tea available all day for the convenience of guests. A hearty homemade (I had oatmeal pancakes with bananas and cooked pears) breakfast is at the lace covered dining room table. It close enough to downtown to be convenient for the business traveler, but being on Capitol Hill made it a vacation trip. The directions were great and I arrived after a quick 10 minute bus ride after taking a train from the airport. The next day it was a quick 25 minute walk downhill to downtown business. I'm ready to go back!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business