“A lovely home filled with antiques, great breakfasts, snacks, and a very comfortable room.”

and 1 more site!
11th Avenue Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 27 Seattle B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 10, 2009

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the 11th Ave. Inn B&B. Although we didn't stay in our room during the day, (we were visting our son) it was a beautiful place to come back to in the evening. We had the garnet room, on the 3rd floor. We loved the skylights, the private bathroom, and the decor of the room. The breakfasts were amazing; they were like eating at a gourmet restaurant. We had cinnamon/mandarin orange french toast, omelet with basil, artichoke, cheese, etc., and eggs benedict. The last morning we had to leave for the airport very early, so Bev had prepared a breakfast bag for us to take along and eat while we waited for our flight. We were also able to go online and check our flight status, weather, etc. The snacks were a very nice addition too! We had chocolates, Ranier cherries, cashews, fruit, and cookies. We highly recommend this B&B!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kadadi

Reviewed July 9, 2009

We thoroughly enjoyed our three day stay at the 11th Avenue Inn. Our queen plus day-bed room was spacious, nicely decorated, and airy. Full breakfast each morning was delicious. Lots of treats around the house during the day too (chocolates, biscotti, fruit). The staff were helpful and friendly, and the location is excellent: close to public transit and to lots of interesting places. Also free PC with free internet access, large DVD collection, large sitting areas downstairs.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2009

What a great place! The building is in a cozy residential neighborhood. Every room is pleasant to be in - high ceilings, very open, fresh flowers, tons of seating in the parlor, and a spectacular dining room set-up with fine china. The small library room has tons of guidebooks, brochures and menus, along with two free-to-use computers with Internet access and a collection of DVDs you can enjoy in your room.

The food is to DIE for; during our short stay, we enjoyed egg and pesto strata, oatmeal pancakes, and crepes with fruit. Be forewarned - breakfast hours are 7:30-9:30, so if you sack in, you'll miss one of the best parts of the experience. That's par for the course at any B&B, of course. If you find yourself hungry during the day, they've provided plenty of snacks around to ease the pangs - chocolates, cookies, fruit, tea, coffee, biscotti. There are also pitchers of fresh, cool water in each room and in the dining room. They've done an amazing job of anticipating the needs of guests at all hours of the day, not just at breakfast.

Our room was spacious with a very comfy bed and plenty of drawer/closet space to get our luggage out of the way. The cleaning staff does a great job every day. Sheets and towels were clean and comfortable. The other guests were all quiet and respectful at night. Best of all, the place is so convenient to downtown Seattle! There's a bus stop at the end of the street and it's close enough that you can just hoof it to the city center, if you're so inclined (a leisurely 1/2 hour walk). Since it's in a residential area, you have to walk a block or two to find a restaurant, but it's all quite convenient (and if you're feeling _that_ lazy, you could always order delivery).

My only negative was that the beautiful claw-footed bathtub for my room was narrow and the plastic liner had a tendency to stick to my body while I showered. Still, such a thing is not unusual for a historical building and it was such a tiny trifle compared to how wonderful the experience was as a whole. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nekostef
Reviewed May 3, 2009

Over the last few years I have tended to use B&B's instead of characterless hotel chains and have been very lucky in my choices and once again my preferred accommodation fails to disappoint. The Inn is located in Capitol Hill on a quite part of 11th Avenue, just one block from Broadway which is buzzing with bars, restaurants and take-a-ways. Location wise, I felt very safe especially when venturing home in the evening; Down town and the Space Needle is in walking distance, about 30 and 40 minutes respectively. The Inn itself is very oldie worldy, full of antiques like staying in a piece of history, room was very comfortable and always smelt fresh and clean. Breakfast was a different choice daily ranging from omelettes, crepes and waffles all very delicious cooked on the premises by either Beverley or Chris. All through the day fresh coffee was made available along with biscuits and Hershey's, there is a nice sitting room to allow you to mix with other guests and share a glass of wine. Great location, quiet, safe, and steps away from everything you need; if you don’t drive a taxi is essential to get to and from the airport, about $40 plus tip. Thanks to David and his team for making us feel very welcome.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Chariotchoogle
Reviewed April 7, 2009

2nd time around and I loved my room for the 3 nights I stayed "Ruby" shared bath accross hall, I loved the room it was very large at the end of a hallway facing the beautiful back yard, NO NOISE. Faced some birch trees, Private and very quiet. Had a nice sized closet, TV with dvd player ( 1 day I stayed in bed 12 hours and watched tv and drank tea)
Soooo many great things to say about this room but do not want to ruin the suprise for the next person!!! Can not comment on Breakfast as I chose to sleep in daily, But loved your coffee and always the variety of fruit. Your staff were always very accomodating as well.-:)
Great Location to Downtown Seattle, Loved having parking onsite and Broadway just 2 blocks away. Had dinner one night at Aoki (Sushi) Septieme for Dessert (2 blocks away) and lunch one day at the New Dilletante... Lattes Daily at Vivache!!!!

Thanks David and Beverly, I enjoyed my 3 days away from my busy life!
See you next year!

Josh-Seattle

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed April 4, 2009

I have stayed in other B & Bs before, but the 11th Avenue Inn is my favorite of all. I stayed in the Opal room, and it was quite spacious. The bed was very comfortable; I had no problem sleeping at night. What made this B & B an excellent value were the gourmet breakfast, the little extras throughout the house (chocolates, fruit, cookies, biscotti, wine, tea, and coffee), the free wi-fi, and friendly hosts.

My four breakfasts included: Mediterranean crepes, oatmeal pancakes with fruit, Denver omelet, and French toast. I am a picky eater, but breakfast was delicious every morning. Yum!

I was in town for a conference, so the hotel was a bit of a hike to the convention center. Although I did walk to the convention center (and even the space needle) most of the time, there is a bus stop very close that makes traveling to the downtown areas easy. The B & B is located in a very interesting and eclectic part of Seattle. I enjoyed staying out of the touristy downtown area in a more “real” part of Seattle.

I plan to stay at the 11th Avenue Inn during my next visit. It is a truly special place!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelinKiki
Reviewed March 28, 2009

I have stayed in other hotels and B & Bs in Seattle before, but no place was in a class with the 11th Avenue Inn B & B. I agree with all the other favorable accounts: fine room, very comfy bed, great breakfast, amazing "extras" (computers, refreshments, etc.), fine location and lovely people. From now on this will be my Seattle "home".

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo