“Excellent hotel, great location!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Silver Cloud Hotel - Seattle Stadium

Silver Cloud Hotel - Seattle Stadium
Ranked #16 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Fort Worth, Texas
“Excellent hotel, great location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

The Silver Cloud Hotel is ideally situated for the fan of Seattle's pro baseball and football teams. It's also in a great location for the business traveler. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and well appointed with high-speed internet, refrigerator, microwave, and large screen TV. The staff are uniformly excellent: friendly, efficient, and eager to be of assistance. The restaurant is first-rate, and the fitness center is well-equipped.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Nick P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

****WARNING***** DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!!

I stayed at this hotel a month or so ago. The master key was stolen from A "SECURE" area. The hotel negligently did not deactivate it. Some how...hummmm....The perpetrator knew EXACTLY when we left our room and EXACTLY when we took our car out of valet and EXACTLY when we left the hotel and broke into our room and stole EVERYTHING!!!!!! Funny thing is this perpetrator broke into our room ONLY.....when they had the MASTER KEY for the entire hotel. Hummmm coincidence? I think not!!!! Talk about hitting the "lotto". Even better. ....the hotel is doing noting about it, they don't have a care in the world for us or our stolen belongings. Am I the only person who sees this as unethical? Furthermore, is this good for a business' reputation? If I could rate zero stars I WOULD!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Jo E
Alexandria, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

I stayed at this hotel on March 14th. The hotel neglected to deactivate a key that was reported "stolen", however, that same key was used to break into our room during our stay. BTW, no other room was even attempted to be accessed so it makes me wonder if this was an inside job. The hotel's general managers actions upon realizing their negligence is the definition of EXTREMELY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. My fiancee & I had a large amount of personal items stolen to include all our electronics. The hotel refused to admit their negligence and directed us to file a claim under our homeowners insurance.

I argued that I should not be paying a higher insurance premium for their negligence. The managers response was that they would contact their insurance agency. At most, they are willing to offer me a $300 settlement.

How is this good business practice? Moreover, how is this ethical? As a so called "prominent" hotel in Seattle, a higher level of customer service should be provided. Is it that difficult for the hotel management to right their wrong?

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank JLLedesma
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

Check-in lady was very fast, was lovely and attentive, and even nicer to find we had been upgraded to a suite. Room on the 6th floor was fantastic, 2 tv's (one a 42") and loads of space. The Hotel itself is only about 5 minutes (by car) out of downtown Seattle, but quite difficult to get to by public transport. That being said if you are going to an American Football or baseball game then this is the perfect Hotel, as it's directly opposite one stadium and 1 minute away from the other. They do have a shuttle to take guests back and forth from Downtown, which is another bonus. Altogether a very nice stay, and considerably cheaper than some of the other Hotels in Seattle.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jazzy_Mango
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Best hotel to catch an event at everything is right across the street staff bar and room service was excellent. shuttle was quick and convenient. My family loved it and can't wait to go back. You could pretty much watch the game from the roof top pool. But there is still nothing like seeing it from the stands of course. Upon leaving we signed up for there preferred program we liked it that much. If you can take the train up its 4 blocks from the hotel and they will pick you up and drop you off. you don't have to pay for parking that way and like I said the shuttle service makes for a stress free way around Seattle. They are there to pick you up ten minutes after you call. I hate traffic and being lost on new streets so the shuttle made for a happy Dad the whole trip.

Room Tip: Get a room facing Safeco field. If it just the two of you get something on the 8th floor they have g...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Tommy W
Nampa, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

I travelled with three "tweens" that are not shy in any way. So I warned the management right off the bat, and the kids had a constant "supervisor" for the rest of the trip. It was awesome! By the end of the 1st night, the kids had a nickname for the manager and I'm pretty sure he had some for them as well. We had an amazing room that looked right out to Safeco Field. The room was wall to wall windows on the 6th floor with a separate room for me. We stayed 3 nights, and walked to two baseball games and the Supercross, they are right across the street. We also took a walk to the wharf, which is probably 6 blocks, but a nice walk. It was so nice to be able to just walk right back to the room after the game, I won't stay anywhere else in Seattle if we are going to a baseball game or football game. The kids loved the pool, and while I thought it was very nice, I took advantage of being kidless and went downstairs to Johnnies, which is packed after the games, but the waitstaff remains very friendly and in good spirits. I had a blast. The shuttle took us every where we wanted to go, including the science center one day, where we spent the whole day and then went to the baseball game that night. What a great birthday weekend it was for me!

Room Tip: The 6th floor suite is way cool - and not noisy even though it overlooks the stadium. Great people w...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Kimberly B
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

I went up for business, and needed to extend my reservation twice. The second time, I was told that they may not be able to find a room for me on Tuesday, since it was opening night for the mariners. I totaly understood that, and was planning on staying someone else for that one night, but before i was able to make another reservation elsewhere, they called me back and told me they did some juggling and were able to find a way to let me keep my room. I am pretty certain that they had no government rate rooms left for that night, and somehow got me an exception to keep me from having to switch hotels. I really appriciate the effort they went through.

Can not wait to stay there again!

Room Tip: If you are a baseball fan, try to get a room that faces the stadium!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business