“Nice hotel, but location isn't the most scenic”

Silver Cloud Hotel - Seattle Stadium
Ranked #13 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed here for two nights. The hotel is very nice, clean and comfortable. My biggest complaint was the location - it was right by some train tracks that had a lot of traffic, so there were trains blowing their whistles loudly all hours of the night and the view from my window was about a million shipping containers and the cranes that loaded/unloaded them. It wasn't ugly, but it was a little industrial. I was here on business so I didn't pay for it. If I had, I don't know that I would have found it worth the price. I'm giving it a rating of 4 because the hotel itself is so nice, but it's not my preferred location.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank HeroicPotato
Write a ReviewReviews (1,286)

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Batter Up and here we go. All we have to do is walk across the street to see the game. Also next to that is the Century Link Stadium for the SeaHawks and soccer team. Free Wifi and a great little restaurant and bar: Jimmy's on First. Almost forgot about the free shuttle. And I have to say great job to the management because all of the staff was friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sprocket77
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed two nights for the Paul McCartney concert in Safeco Field across the street. Easy access from SeaTac via light rail (about a 4 block walk from Stadium station). Very good interactions with all staff - friendly and informative. Free shuttle to Pike Place Market, Space Needle, etc., very convenient. Room clean and comfortable. Would definitely stay again, particularly if going to a football or baseball game or other event in that part of town. Also very close to Amtrack station. Did not make it to the rooftop pool, but looked nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John H
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Arrived late and left to catch a train at 7am. We chose this hotel due to its location to amtrak. It's walkable or they have a shuttle.

At check in they said "we are upgrading you to a suite" and I thought it would just mean a couch in the room.

Was I wrong! it was bigger than apartments I've lived in with completely separate rooms and a great view of the ballpark.

Comfortable bed, great shower, best hotel I've stayed at in awhile.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank ushela03
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The Silver Cloud Hotel is just awesome. Service was excellent throughout my stay. Location is perfect for the sports venues. Rooms are modern and comfortable. Pool & hot tub on the roof are great. Seattle Times at your door in the morning is a nice old school touch. Fantastic bar downstairs too. Close to everything downtown via shuttle, cab or a nice walk mixed in. Pricey valet parking available. King Street Station is just a couple blocks away if you're traveling by train. Enjoy!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank RadTimes
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I am just coming back from a wonderful weekend trip to Seattle. Luckily my friend and I booked the hotel Silver Cloud because it turned out to be the best choice we could have made. The service is excellent: Friendly, attentive, fast and helpful.
A shuttle service drops you off at different locations downtown from early in the morning until 10.30pm and also picks you up again (just simply call the hotel). On the roof of the hotel is a huge hot tub and pool - We loved it! You got an amazing view from up there. The concierge helped us out with all our questions and recommended us a perfect lunch spot at the Waterfront.
After all the fun we got did my friend and I almost miss the bus back to Vancouver. One driver of the hotel heart about our situation and offered straight away to take us to the bus station asap. We are very grateful for that and I have to say that our entire experience in this hotel was fabulous.

Will be back soon !

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Inga O
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Pro's : We stayed here for the Paul McCartney concert - Hotel is directly across the street from Safeco Field ...Location is THE BEST ...Had Dinner & Drinks at Jimmys...All Good !

Shuttle is Great and the Drivers are SO nice & helpful. Really Nice Guys who go out of there way for you.

Cons: Rooms are around a 3 Star .. the Location for a Sports Game /Concert is what makes this hotel great.

BIG CON : The Train goes by this hotel and holds it's horn down the whole time. It came by both Friday & Saturday night at 1:30 am and blew the horn the whole time going thru ... It came by again around 6am both mornings and held it down again ... It's crazy. That's the only reason I don't think we will stay here again. With the Price (over $400 because of the concert) we can't be staying directly next to a train but besides that ... Had a Great Time!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple