“Fabulous”

Ranked #15 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Burnaby, Canada
“Fabulous”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I'll start by saying - I was disappointed when I found out about the location of this hotel (we booked though expedia unlisted) and weren't seeing any sporting events. However, the shuttle services absolutely made up for it! The shuttles run every 30 minutes, have wonderful friendly drivers, and you simply call to arrange for pick up. It's like having a free taxi service.

The hotel staff was consistently pleasant and helpful. The rooms were spacious, clean and modern. The hotel restaurant was good - we enjoyed the happy hour. Overall, we were pleased with our stay and would come back again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rexy_937

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Hotel was nice. However housekeeping made minimal cleaning efforts. They did seem to spend time going through my property and stealing my medications (i'm a heart patient). The front desk did little when I reported the situation. If it happens to you you may be best served by filing a complaint with the police, and letting them handle the issue. Nice Hotel with Sticky Fingers..

Room Tip: Get a room at he Hilton on Pike Street. It is a much better hotel; and they don't steal.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
seattlehotelguy, General Manager at Silver Cloud Hotel - Seattle Stadium, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for your comments about our hotel. The hotel investigated the alleged incident and addressed it with the guest. We read the logs of the electronic locks and questioned the employee that cleaned the guest's room with no evidence to any theft that the guest says occurred. We offered to have local authorities to get involved but the guest refused to cooperate with any further investigation. Without authorization or cooperation from the guest, we cannot verify his allegations. Thank you.
San Diego, California
Reviewed December 6, 2012

This is a super nice hotel right in the heart of Pioneer Square, and wedged between Century Link field and Safeco field. We were able to get everywhere quickly (even though it was raining like crazy!!!). Pikes place is like a 10 minute walk, and the downtown area is such a nice walk; full of cute shops, restaurants, and bars. If you wanted to get driven and picked up from a tourist attraction or whatever, they have a complimentary shuttle - score! Nice staff! The rooms are nice, and they have Aveda products! So many nice hotels still have crappy complimentary toiletries, but not Silver Cloud - they have the good stuff! Last thing, they have a restaurant on their first floor.... I think it's called Jimmy's? Anyway, the food is soooo good!!!! And, they have an amazing happy hour!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed for a couple of days. The room was well appointed, very clean, and comfortable. The staff were super friendly and helpful, the shuttle to downtown was handy, although I had a very pleasant walk back to the hotel that didn't take to long at all. I ate at Jimmy's and the food and service was excellent. I would definately stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Seattle
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed in a King Jacuzzi room, and I must say this is one of the nicest hotels I have ever been. The staff was great, from the moment we got there we were treated extremely well and provided everything we needed. The shuttle drivers were awesome, took us straight downtown. Jimmy's had a great happy-hour too, regular menu is kind of expensive.

Additionally, my girlfriend (who ended up having it in her laptop bag) was missing her debit card right as we were checking out, and housekeeping and a number of front desk agents took time to personally go up and look for it. The service went beyond just having us in and out; these folks genuinely wanted to help us.

I highly recommend this hotel, and have nothing negative to say about it

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jsatch
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Back from a stay at the Silver Cloud Hotel-Stadium, Seattle. Nice Hotel. Rooms were clean, BIG and efficient. The bar and restaurant were nice and reasonably priced. I was there two nights. The first night there were no events going on at either Century Link or Safeco, so it was pretty quiet at the hotel. The second night there was a soccer game at Century Link, and the hotel was lively. It's close to the water front, and in a transitioning industrial area, so you should expect some urban noise (horns, trucks, ship horns, etc.) But the place is well run, the front desk is attentive. No complaints. None. I took the light rail from the airport to the hotel. Got off light rail at the Stadium stop and walked 10 minutes to the hotel. I travel light. If you have a roller bag, you might consider not walking.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and I spent the night here on an overnight trip with friends. When we checked in, both couples were upgraded to a suite located next door to each. The desk staff was very friendly and efficient. Our rooms were lovely and spacious. The king size bed great. I appreciated the thick bathrobe available.
We ate that evening in the restaurant. Again, the wait staff was friendly and helpful. Our waitress recommended the calamari as an appetizer. It was definitely a winner and something I would order again.
Now about the shuttle service. We used it to get around Seattle on both days, ending by dropping us at the train station for our trip home. After an hour on the train, I discovered I did not have my wallet. Panic time! I called the front desk and asked them to check the van. The wonderful young lady put me on hold and returned in a few minutes to report that they had indeed found it! The hotel agreed to mail it to me; it arrived by Fed-ex 3 days later.
We will most definitely be returning to the Silver Cloud Stadium, not only for the great accommodations and location, but also to thank in person the staff.

Jan V