“Good price for a show, but the comedy was just OK.”
Review of Jet City Improv

Jet City Improv
Ranked #21 of 69 Fun & Games in Seattle
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Seattle's own improvised theater company since 1992! Every show at Jet City Improv is a blast of brand new scenes, games, songs and stories, all based on audience suggestions and crafted into Seattle's best comedy by our seasoned improvisers. Any given weekend features new unscripted plays in the Jet City Improv Presents series, an original comedy series known as JCI Late Night, our flagship Jet City Improv show, and the popular re-dubbed film events known as Twisted Flicks. No matter your mood, there's an audience-powered good time waiting for you at our bright yellow theater. So come grab some freshly-popped popcorn, order a drink at the bar inside the auditorium, and enjoy what we like to call A Higher Plane of Comedy.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I had really high hopes for this show with such great reviews and all, but I have to admit I left disappointed. I know improv can vary by the night and is dependent on the audience, however, it felt like we had a lot of "regulars" in our audience and they chose to shout out bizarre answers to the host's requests often before he even finished his sentence so the rest of us knew what he wanted. And then he'd just accept the first shout-out he heard regardless of how lame it was. I think it might be worth taking an extra second or two to hear 3 or 4 options before taking only off the wall answers from the partying college kids that seemed to dictate the flow of the show. Some scenes funny, most scenes stupid. And I love improv. Certainly seen better shows than this. Probably won't ever go back.

3  Thank 10sChick
Jon A, Public Relations Manager at Jet City Improv, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Hi 10sChick!

I'm sorry the crowd at the show you attended was so vocal, and I'm sorry we couldn't showcase your suggestions. You probably had some pretty good ones, and I bet they would have made for some great scenes!

As you pointed out, our show and crowd vary greatly from night to night. We are located a few blocks north of the University of Washington, so our audience often includes college students having a fun night out. They're usually well-behaved and give some pretty good suggestions, but it sounds like that was not what you experienced.

As for the show, I'm very sorry that out method of gathering suggestion affected your overall enjoyment of the show. The format of our flagship Jet City Improv show is all about getting back to the action of the games without a lot of time in-between. I hope you'll reconsider your decision never to return, as every show is a completely new collection of games, improvisers and, of course, suggestions! Plus, we have a rotating long-form show that is always exploring new ways to involve the audience.

Thanks for your feedback, and I hope your trip to Seattle was a good one.
-Jon

Reviewed January 16, 2014

We took our 14yo son here recently. Was looking for things to do in Seattle while we were visiting for the weekend and got a deal through goldstar.com. It was SO worth the trip. I was a bit worried it wouldn't be appropriate for teens, but it said for "All Ages." Not at all disappointed - so, so, so, much fun. My cheeks were sore afterwards from smiling/laughing. The actors/comedians are so talented. They take comments from the audience and my son was yelling out things just like the adults. Fun and worth a trip if you are in Seattle.

2  Thank Marianne M
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

We visited earlier this month and this place was hilarious with their standard improv show. The quality of the show was great and the interactivity between the crowd participation and the actors was perfect. They made a hilarious evening for our group of friends and we'll definitely be visiting again. They also host special nights with silent movies where they do the voice overs etc... Pretty amusing too I am sure!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

First time at Jet City Improv. The performers are very funny and work really well together. Their last bit, acting out a scene forwards and backwards was hysterical--I have not laughed that hard in a long time, with one actor in a girl's wig shouting "Daddy! You promised to take me to Legoland!" I have been to Theatersports at Pikes and I thought Jet City was better. The improv people were particularly good at responding to a loud bachelor party. Sometimes one or two obnoxious audience members can bring everything down, but the performers and staff responded really well--much better than I remember at Theatersports, which denigrated into a put down match. We plan to return again, either to Jet City or one of their other performances, such as their movie night.

2  Thank ProfLonghair
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Young, edgy vibe, entertaining improv.... a little out of the way, but worth the jaunt...

1  Thank beardiegal