“Beautiful & Relaxing”

More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

One of the things I most looked forward to on my current trip to Seattle was the Bainbridge Island ferry ride. It was so relaxing to soak in the views of Puget Sound as well as the Seattle skyline, Olympic mountain range, and islands. We sat outside on the trip to Bainbridge Island, taking photos and just reveling in the beauty around us.

The ferry ride was smooth as butter, and the ferry itself was sparkling clean. We chose seats inside for the return ride to Seattle, and the seats were spacious and comfortable.

Unfortunately though it seemed we got too comfortable. Once we arrived back on the Seattle side again, I was looking down at my camera at the gorgeous photos I'd just taken, just being really relaxed and happy after the ferry ride. That was interrupted by a man who worked on the ferry coming through and barking, "It's time to move along folks. Get on your way!" I was startled - I hadn't even realized we had stopped moving. My husband and I quickly gathered our things and made our way off the ferry. The man approached others and barked at them the same way, and they looked as surprised by his behavior as we were. I'm not an overly sensitive person. I've taken many NY Waterway ferries from Jersey to Manhattan, lol, so I understand the need to clear the ferries and move people along. But this man really went out of his way to be so rude to people. Maybe he was having a bad day. I hope that's all it was and he's not that miserable of a person all the time.

I can't wait for my next opportunity to experience this gorgeous ferry trip again. Just hope I don't have to encounter that guy ever again. Such a relaxing ride. :)

1  Thank natasha6371
Write a ReviewReviews (7,227)

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Lots of fun riding the Ferrie boat across the sound in seattle... I must admit though it is bit pricey.. at least coming back you only have to pay for the driver... not the passengers

Reviewed March 5, 2014

With only a couple of hours of free time on a business trip to Seattle, the trip between the city and Bainbridge Island -- which evoked mostly good "Grey's Anatomy" moments! -- was an absolute highlight on a quick trip.

While I look forward to a chance to actually explore Bainbridge Island, the views are absolutely gorgeous to and from Seattle, the ferry is clean and has lots of variety (great outdoor spaces, also comfortable indoor spots), there's food and drink if you want them. The only complaint? This won't apply to commuters but for this tourist: the ride was too short!

1  Thank Carolyn S
Reviewed March 4, 2014

OK, it's not the value of the Staten Island Ferry but for the money, it's still a great way to spend a couple of hours soaking up the natural beauty of the area.

1  Thank kalaloch
Reviewed March 3, 2014

This is the greatest way to see Puget Sound. If you have a day you can make a loop up to Whidbey Island, across to Port Townshend down to Bremerton and back to Seattle. Approaching Seattle at night is wonderful.

1  Thank piotzar