Book In Advance

from $213.00
from $16.80
from $104.00
7,663 results
All reviews bainbridge island ferry ride puget sound san juan islands ferry service olympic peninsula friday harbor day trip beautiful scenery smooth ride washington state great ride west seattle sunny day mount rainier space needle anacortes
Reviewed 3 days ago

I love ferries. I'm originally from NYC and remember taking the ferry from lower Manhattan to the Borough of Staten Island (Richmond County). The Ellis Island ferry was another memorable experience for other reasons. Yet, Washington State Ferries far outpace NYC Ferries. I have experienced ferries in other places as well and love WA ferries the best. They are clean, on-time, efficient, and safe. Oh, I know there are exceptions, ferries bumping docks, awful captains, long tiring waiting lines, etc. But overall they are a great Pacific Northwest institution and service. Back in the day, that ride to Staten Island cost a nickel (that's right, there was some law, long since abandoned, that the fare had to be held to a nickel). WA State Ferries cost more, but the convenience, service, and ability to get to the various islands in the Puget Sound, make the price worthwhile. On our recent trip to Whidbey Island, I observed that the ferry from Mukilteo to Clinton (I believe it was the "Suquamish") was newly and entirely refurbished. Clean and pristine. Almost wish the crossing time was longer than 20 minutes.

Reviewed 5 days ago

We had a beautiful ferry ride from Seattle to Bremerton at dusk and on a gorgeous, sunny day back to Seattle. There was plenty of seating, the bathroom was fine, but we spent most of the trip either outside or in the seats in the bow or stern, looking out the window. Relaxing, peaceful, reasonably priced (especially with my Senior discount) for a wonderful one-hour ride. It was the perfect way to spend a serendipitous couple of days off to see our son in Seattle and some old friends in Bremerton, making the time a real mini-vacation.

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

We take this ferry 2x mo all year round. In the summer the back ups are painful. I am not sure if enough space or more boats will ever happen. The winter is much easier. Pack your patience, Netflicks, camera...
We regularly see eagles, cormarants, seagulls, ducks, sea lions, starfish, deer, jellyfish, to mansion a few. You can look at WADOT to see the traffic lines up, but there is no camera showing the back up by Lincoln park and beyond. If it's full, the drive around is 1 hr and 15 min. by the Narrows bridge.

Reviewed 6 days ago

We took the Ferry over to Bainbridge Island. Very clean and a offered many food and drinks. Quick boat ride and they had a boat every hour if you did not want to stay all day.

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

We took a ferry to Bainbridge. Scenery was good as the trip was a good length. We walked a bit on Bainbridge and stopped at Bainbridge Brewery for some drinks before boarding the ferry back to Seattle. Would recommend.

Reviewed 1 week ago

We took the ferry to Bainbridge Island, two senior tickets $4.25 each return. Great value. We toured the island and returned a few hours later. Fantastic service from Washington Ferries.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Very relaxing. Went from Bainbridge Island to Seattle, had a fantastic view of Seattle and Mt Rainier.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The ferries are a nice way to get around the Puget Sound area and see the places your going to differently. Getting on them is easy and orderly. Getting up to the upper decks is just by going up a couple stairways. Then deciding which direction you want to see. Where you left or where you are going. Occasionally you can see whales. But more often jelly fish in the water. It is cold out there in the winter where a hat and gloves be thrilled with the sites.

Reviewed 1 week ago

For over 40 years the ferries of Washington state have brought happiness to me. The views of the mountains, the occasional seal, the cold wind in my face and the incredible ease of access relax and rejuvenate the most jaded traveler. Do it. You won't regret a second even if you go all the way to Bremerton!

Reviewed 1 week ago

I used to commute to Seattle for work aboard the Bainbridge Island ferry. I estimate I have ridden the boat about 10,000 times! The boats are typically reliable although during commuter hours schedules can slip. Same is true during severe weather and major sporting events.

The seating is reasonably comfortable and the views are spectacular. I never got bored with the commute. Plus there are unofficial “quiet rooms” upstairs if you crave tranquility. In the summer you can enjoy walking laps on the upper deck while you enjoy the views of the Sound and Mt. Rainier. How can you beat that?