“Beautiful Gift”

and up
2-Hour Seattle City Tour
Ranked #70 of 468 things to do in Seattle
Reviewed September 3, 2013

a little corner park oasis with a huge waterfall, some smaller waterfall sculptures, and lots of tables and benches to sit and meditate, eat, visit, etc. Very clean. the back of an apt building overlooks it and i was thinking how wonderful it would be to live there with the sound of water. I found a pamphlet about this park and my husband and i walked over from the Pike's Mkt area where we were staying. i read it was donated by the founder of UPS in 1977 to the people of Seattle. we then discovered Pioneer Square around the corner which is a historical district full of landmarks and eclectic shops and restaurants.

3  Thank tnero
in 3 reviews
"downtown"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is the site of the first United Parcel Service location. Started with a couple of kids on bikes. A waterfall, trees and benches were put there to commemorate the spot. The waterfall is well done and inviting to sit around.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

While we really liked this little park, the walk from the waterfront to there was, um, interesting. It was an easy walk, but we passed through some areas of town that had all of us watching over our shoulders. I think we were there about 15 minutes. If you're in the neighborhood it's worth stopping by, but I wouldn't travel across the city to see it.

1  Thank busteezmama
Reviewed August 2, 2013

im not from seattle but I love to visit the city. One of my favorite things to do when im in seattle is to wander around the downtown area and explore. On one of my random treks i happened to come across this spot. I am a buddhist and meditated right there watching the waterfull. it was great. One of the things i love about seattle is the small little nooks and crannys like this park.

1  Thank Harold B
See more reviews
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband is retired from UPS. We made a special point to view this spot on our visit. The founder Jim Casey started his business on a bicycle at this location over a 100 years ago. There is a plaque inside the park. The park is small, soothing and beautiful - a nice tribute to the UPS found that we enjoyed visiting.