“Nice, free attraction but nothing spectacular...”

Seattle Public Library
Ranked #14 of 450 things to do in Seattle
California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Nice, free attraction but nothing spectacular...”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Yes, the library is modern and the architecture is quite impressive for a library, but it still leaves more to be desired...it's still just a library. So unless you are looking for exclusively free attractions I would not go out of my way to make a trip here. There are so many more wonderful and much more entertaining things to do in Seattle.

Visited November 2012

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Not your usual tourist attraction.”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I live in downtown Seattle. When ever we have out of town guests I always suggest a tour of our beautiful library. I advise after checking out the library to go to the top floor and you can get a great view of the water front and a lot more from up above. The staff is very helpful. And if you want a more formal guided tour ask at the information desk for the time of the next organized tour of the library. Have fun!

Visited October 2012
Chico
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 138 helpful votes
“Quiet Respite”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

It was not on our itinerary to stop in at the Seattle Public Library during our visit this summer, but it turned out to be just what we needed after all of the touristy things we'd planned. We (two couples in our 50's and 60's) happened to be walking by and stopped in. After a half hour of browsing, we all agreed that it was the perfect stop to wind down and switch gears before returning to the hotel to get ready for the evening. The next day, we made it our "meeting spot!" (If this review was helpful, please let me know with a "click!" Thanks.)

Visited July 2012
4 Thank Jodie D
Seattle, Washington
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Interesting architecture”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Interesting architecture. Light and airy. No Parking for less than 20 dollars for the lot and 3 dollars for street so take the bus.

Visited December 2011
Seattle, Washington, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Freak Show Attraction”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I live in Seattle and was utterly disappointed my tax dollars went to fund this monstrosity. It feels cold like a prison. When I went to explore this library I was stuck by the feeling of uneasiness.it feels like a ride at the carnival.Theirs cold steel everywhere, fun house mirrors, slanted floors, and not to mention the escalators skip floors so you have to back track trying to find stairs or an elevator and theirs animated talking mouths mounted upside down on walls. It's plain creepy. Theirs a whole floor painted blood red with low ceilings and the only thing on the floor is the bathrooms and conference rooms. I am not proud of this waste of money and very very disappointed in the approval of the plan to build library which is better suited to be the set of a horror movie

5 Thank Laurel O