“All The Way From The East Coast”
Review of The Crumpet Shop

The Crumpet Shop
Ranked #19 of 4,383 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We travel to Seattle twice a year and the trip is not complete without a visit to the Crumpet. Crammed into a storefront right in front of Pikes Place Market, this place takes you back to old London England with a taste nothing compares to. They only bake a certain amount of crumpets each day, so when they are gone the store closes, they are that fresh and GOOOOOD! Everything is good here, the coffee, the teas, crumpets and of course the JELLY. Don't miss this place while in Seattle!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

This no frills cafe is tucked into a block of storefronts in front of Pike Place Market. Though I had passed it on previous visits, I finally decided to try it. I was pleased that I did. The menu consists of crumpets, scones, teas, and coffees. A variety of marmalades and other toppings are available, as well. This is a nice option for a light breakfast or snack.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

And a latte, bowl of oats, breakfast, etc. It looks like a hole-in-the-wall but these people have it dialed. Quick, friendly service. The raspberry jam with butter was really good. My daughter had the cream cheese with raspberry and that looked even better. Coffee was really good as well.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We were killing time waiting for a map shop to open, when I found the Crumpet Shop. It's a great little place that serves tea and crumpets. I didn't have the tea, but did stop for a crumpet (I'd always heard of them, but never had one). A crumpet is kind of like an English muffin. The plain crumpets with butter and homemade raspberry jam were delicious. I could have licked the plate, but restrained myself. The service was fast and friendly. And you can watch crumpets being made through a window into the back room. Very interesting.

Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

It's weird that I'm British and the best crumpets I've ever had was in Seattle. I highly recommend this shop for a tasty snack