“good breakfast spot”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Magnolia / Queen Anne
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Fine little place to grab some eggs benedict! It's in a fun neighborhood too. I also liked Toulouse Petit across the street and one block up. Hear it's a great little dive bar at night but never got the chance to check it out.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We had a decent breakfast on a nice Sunday morning. Traditional bacon, eggs, hash browns and rye toast... and great Seattle coffee. Reasonable prices with comfort/dive type food. Go (for a normal breakfast.)

Reviewed August 22, 2012

The bacon...for the love of G-d the bacon. I love this cafe and bar. Our first night in I had the BLT sliders and we couldn't quit this place. The bar next door is the right amount of dive. The pancakes with blueberries...and a side of bacon. Highly recommend the Mecca.

Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

We went here for breakfast, it was close to our hotel and we had to be checked out by noon. We had starbucks coffee so my friend politely asked If we could bring them in. The waitress rudely said that If she didn't let people in with lattes she'd had no customers or something along those lines. Anyways she was relatively quick taking our orders, you could clearly tell she didn't want to be there though. When our food arrived it looked pretty decent. All except the bacon it was pretty dry and gnarly. My friend asked to take it off his bill as he didnt eat it. She said it would be no problem but when she went to the back you could hear her sarcastically say "the bacon wasnt good enough." terrible atmosphere, Which is unfortunate because it is a cute diner and with proper staff it really could be hopping!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

I've never had anything but breakfasts at the Mecca - but if lunch is as good as breakfast...yum. You can't go wrong with breakfast - especially the grilled ham. Great hash browns too, and I think on weekdays they're "all you can eat." Alas, I'm always there on weekends. Everything is delicious, and the waitstaff is terrific. See you again soon, Mecca!