“Yummy food and wonderful atmosphere”

Pomodoro Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #526 of 4,383 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Italian, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Pomodoro: a cozy Southern European style restaurant in Seattle offering a selection of pastas, Spanish tapas, Italian and Spanish wines in a cheerful hideaway dimly lit for romance. Gluten free dihes & pasta available
Reviewed February 13, 2010

My husband and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary at Pomodoro. The chef and his wife were so warm and attentive. The restaurant ambiance was very romantic and cozy.
The food is wonderful and we love the varied specials they offer. Great wine list too. Oh and make sure you leave room for dessert. We had the Bananas Foster and the Chef made it for us right at our table. Wonderful evening, delicious food and we'll definetely be returning sooner vs later!

Reviewed February 13, 2009

I am a little surprised by some of the reviews because I have been to this restaurant numerous times and have never had a bad meal, and I think the prices are reasonable. The owner/chef has a varied menu of the Spanish and Italian food variety, and supplements it with daily specials which can be a little more exotic, ie. humus ravioli made with wonton wraps in a truffle/mushroom sauce (absolutely delicious). Four of us went there a couple of days ago. We ordered 3 mixed drinks, a glass of wine, two ample appetizers which we shared, had bread with a garlicky green sauce, an order of paella, one gnocci with sausage and mushrooms, and two orders of angel hair pasta with crab, and one cup of coffee and the bill came to $150 including tax, but not tip. Each dish was superb. Our waitress was efficient and entertaining in a spunky kind of way.

The restaurant is in Eastlake, just a little north of downtown and worth the trip from downtown, north Seattle or even the Eastside if you are near the 520 bridge, IMHO.

1  Thank 2_gemini
Kirkland, Washington
Reviewed May 27, 2008

Good Italian entrees and the chef is not hung up on tradition. Wine (Spanish) we had was sub-par...

Reviewed December 29, 2007

Pros: open late, not crowded, saved my sweater for me when I left it there one evening; Cons: food is pricey for what it is and service is on the slow side

Reviewed December 18, 2007

I've only been here late at night and inebriated so i may be misremembering how good it is.