“good place to get food illness”

Ho Ho Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #1,307 of 4,216 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I had been a customer of Ho Ho for many years but the last two times we all got sick from the food. This last time I ordered prawns and they tasted like they had been defrosted and left out too long. It gave me the runs. also I ordered a second dish and all I could taste was msg.
Don't mistake the charm of the owner and the ''personal'' attention she gives to her customers as anything else but fluff.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

I stopped by Ho Ho after a long day in the office. This restaurant is located in the International District. Having been here before, I decided to get the Wonton Soup. I warn you...one bowl of this was enough for my whole meal. The order came out in about ten minutes. It was a big bowl with lots of wontons and baby bok choy. All this for a grand total of $5.00 plus tax and tip. What more can you want? I've eaten multicourse meals here as well and they are always good. An added benefit is that this place is sometimes open until 3am. I've been to Ho Ho several times and will definitely go back.

Reviewed August 2, 2011

Living in China we wanted to bring some friends to an "authentic" American Chinese restaurant and on the recommendation of friends chose Ho Hos.

Watch out and steer clear. The food was OK but :
The manager doubled the size of some portions without informing us that she would do so - for example out of the 7 guests five were vegetarian so we ordered one chicken dish. Without asking or informing us the manager decided to serve us a double helping of it and also doubled the price. She did the same with all the appetizers. Needless to say that as a result we had WAY too much food and the bill was about twice what we expected.

In addition I ordered a plain rice and two scrambled eggs for my fussy toddler. On the bill, which was written in Chinese, but we had native Chinese to decipher it, the eggs were billed at 5.95 and the rice at 7.95. Really????? $14 for rice and eggs for a 3 year old?

When we questioned all these items we got excuse after excuse. Really this kind of rip off is an element of China that should stay in China. Steer clear of this one at all costs.....

2  Thank seatrump
Reviewed July 19, 2010

This place puts a bad name to any Chinese restaurant. The service is just the worse. I had to flag them down just to get service. I also was charged for rice ( a dollar per person), even worse THE PERSONALLY ADDED THEIR TIP ONTO MY BILL. Yes their food is tasty, but tai tung ( which is around the corner) has just a good food and their service is a tad better

Reviewed August 31, 2009

I went to this Chinese restaurant in Seattle Chinatown for dinner after my Alaska cruise on August 29th,2009. I would like to share my bad story that I had in this restaurant. First of all, the lady came to our table to hard sell the most expensive items on the menu, although the name of this restaurant is called "Seafood" restaurant but it does not mean that I really need a "seafood" for my dinner. The lady (she might be the owner of the restaurant) always hard sell the live fish, live lobster to me and my family, and after we ordered some Set dinner for my 5 people, she did not come back to social anymore.

And, the waiter gave us a pot of steamed rice but they did not ask if we want it or not, finally we had to pay $5 for the steamed rice separately.

Also, the terrible thing was that they charged me $6 dollar for a glassof soda. $6 can buy a glass of beer in most of the restaurant in Seattle already.

I knew that it's my fault too because I did not check the price carefully before ordering the soda but I found that they were still cheating us.

Also, another table next to me ordered the lobster and the owner told how nicely she did on her lobster order such as cut off the head before scale the lobster because they sold it per pound. However I can tell, most of the Chinese restaurant would pump up the actual weight of any seafood. For example; if the actual weight of a live lobster is 2 pounds, they would say that it is 2.5 pounds or more in order to make more profit or competation with another restaurant when they lower the price per pound.

1  Thank KaneW