“GREAT BREAKFAST LOCATION”

Bay Cafe
Ranked #468 of 4,216 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: American, Greek
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Visiting Seattle for the first and our Seattle based host insisted we have breakfast at the Bay Cafe. Eaten in diners on the east coast for years but this was totally different. Special was crab cake Benedict. Without a doubt, one on the finest breakfast meals I have had, period. Great serving staff who are obcviously familiar with the commercial fishing crowd and the need to serve large plates of good food and plenty of quality coffee. Fast and efficient. Great views of the commercial fishing harbor.

Will return.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Fun place to go on a nice day, great view of the bay and fishing boats. It looks right out to the wharf where all the fishing boats are docked. Their menu is great, the food was good and the service was excellent and pleasant. It is 50's diner decor, but updated and very clean. Only issue is it is quite noisy when it is full. We went for lunch, but I would like to return for breakfast/brunch. Amazing selection of omelets! Luncheon salads are huge and there is a good selection of sandwiches and burgers.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've eaten at all the establishments at Fisherman's Terminal now, and I like the Bay Cafe because it feels like eating at my grandmother's house. The food is good, but all the waitresses are sweet and dote on me. I've only been in for lunch so far, but then food is well priced, good and if I want to sit and eat by myself and read I can do that.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

The menu seemed like pretty standard breakfast fare, and they do have waffle and egg combo breakfasts, which are not too common. The food was good and there was plenty of it! Service was friendly and attentive, and there was a view of the fishing harbor just out the gigantic windows.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I've eaten at The Bay Cafe for many years. The service is OK. The food - they have a good selection on the menu. The breakfasts are ample. I'd say most of the food is OK, but nothing to write home about. Friendly busy atmosphere most of the time. They are very accomodating if you have a large group (like 8-12 people) come in for lunch and you let them know ahead of time, they can set you up in the smaller room where they can seat you all together. Admittedly I have not tried everything on their menu - I see people are raving about the Eggs Benedict, so maybe I am missing out. I guess I could see going in there for breakfast, but they are right across from Chinook's, whose food is just better. For the price, The Bay Cafe is not bad. It is less expensive than eating at Chinook's and Chinook's doesn't serve breakfast.