“even though I work there...I still say it's the best”
Review of Roy's BBQ - CLOSED

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed December 6, 2008

even though I work there...I still say it's the best

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed February 8, 2008

I like their pulled pork sandwiches!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 16, 2007

My favorite Seattle BBQ. Not too saucy.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed June 7, 2007

We're locals and take out of town guests there all the time. Now, we have guests who come back to town specifically to visit Roy's to get Connie's Mac-n-Cheese. Good flavor, tasty, and the perfect accompaniment to either the Georgia Gold or my favorite - a medium rare hamburger (meat from Bob the Butcher down the street) and on a fresh bun (from Columbia City Bakery, also down the street).

I actually ran across the new Roy's while visiting with the butcher. One of Roy's staff came in to order a couple lbs more of ground beef. I followed (ok - stalked) her up the street and came across this hole in the wall (that's being generous given it's size). In over 2 years, I have never been disappointed. Staff is friendly, Service is more than adequate, and there's no telling who you'll strike up a conversation with due to the coziness factor.

2  Thank brandy9750
Reviewed November 21, 2006

This is a barbecue place with a paradoxical problem: Although the BBQ brisket sandwiches are terrific (slow-smoked, not oversauced, not oversweet, nicely cut against the grain) and the Georgia Gold pulled pork sandwiches (with coleslaw and a mustardy, tart sauce) are a true original, the hamburgers are probably the best anywhere in Seattle. The buns are made to order by a local bakery, the meat is fresh, and you can have the guys dispense with mayo and that sort of stuff in favor of some of that great Georgia Gold sauce. And they'll cook them medium-rare. So: the paradox? I go to a great BBQ place but never order BBQ. There's a limited selection of beer here, and always a great dessert or two, and friendly and efficient service. The place is tiny, the place is terific. Well worth any traveler's sojourn.

3  Thank Cheonast