“Virginia Inn Food Terrible!”
Review of Virginia Inn

Virginia Inn
Ranked #270 of 4,245 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We are first time visitors to Seattle, whilst exploring the city we came across the Virginia Inn. We decided to have supper their that night as during the lunch hour it seemed busy (generally a good indicator). Needless to say we were terribly dissatisfied in our meal. My husband was ill after having the fish and chips. The fish was watery and bland of all flavor, I had the duck confit which was very dry (ended up smothering my meal in tomatoe sauce). All in all I would not recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

With about an hour to kill before our dinner reservations we stopped in her for a couple of drinks. We ourselves comfortable at the bar and they were well worth it after that steep walk from First Street and Pike Place Market.

All our drinks we're prepared with a special touch and had us feeling nice just in time for a cab ride to dinner.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I had been here twice before on visits to Seattle (2003, 2005) and was looking forward to returning. Seven years later (I visited on 10.15.12) it was every bit as as good as I remembered. The cool neon sign out front, the historic building, white tile, redbrick wall, and worn wooden bar all create a perfect atmosphere. I sat at the bar and both bartenders (one was a man, the other a woman) were friendly, attentive, and highly professional.

I was meeting friends who live in Seattle later for dinner at another place, and stopped in by myself to escape from the rain after a day of walking around the city. I had a Little Italy Manhattan (Fernet instead of Vermouth) and it was mixed to perfection and very tasty and warming. Since I was going out to dinner later I was just going to have a drink, but the bartender let me know about the happy hour menu of half priced items that were too good to pass up. I could have selected just about any of them, but I went for the cheese plate (Manchego, a French one that I can't remember, and a blue cheese) that was served with figs and candied walnuts. It was very delicious, and at the $6 Happy Hour price such a bargain. After my Manhattan was finished I got a red wine that paired well with it (I wanted a red and the bartender recommended a Bordeaux).

Unfortunately my trip to Seattle was a short one, but if I were there for another night I definitely would have gone back for a full dinner (the food coming out of the kitchen looked and smelled delicious....and when I ate there back in 2005 I really enjoyed it). On my next visit to Seattle I most certainly will.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is a great tavern downtown that serves full meals, great pints, homemade soups, etc. It's pub grub, but it's out-of-the-ordinary pub grub. Good lunches, wonderful beers and ales on tap. Stop by if you're downtown, visiting the Pike Place Market; it's only a couple of blocks away, and the food is far better than the in-the-market food. Kids are okay; the bar itself is separated, and kids can eat in the rest of the tavern.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We ate lunch and really enjoyed the atmosphere but our food was just mediocre - like it had been cooked a long time and just zapped in the microwave before serving.

Been to Virginia Inn? Share your experiences!