“Awesome drinks. Great appetizers ”
Review of El Chupacabra

El Chupacabra
Ranked #888 of 4,671 Restaurants in Seattle
Reviewed February 21, 2017 via mobile

Stopped quit a few places along the water and this one by far was the best. Great service at the bar and the food was great. Highly recommend

Date of visit: February 2017

Reviewed December 19, 2016

On a cold, rainy night on Alki Beach, we discovered El Chupacabra. It was a little chilly inside, but after a Mexican coffee (Yummy tummy warmer!). The Service was great, very tentative, lots of chips to keep everyone happy. Food was the best Mexican my family has had in a long while. Who would expect good Mexican food at a reasonable price on the beach in West Seattle! Good vegetarian options! They offer a vegetarian meat substitute but it is soy based. Only change I would suggest would be to find a non-soy substitute. Appreciate the effort for all the vegan/vegetarian options!

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed November 28, 2016

El Chupacabra is a casual Mexican restaurant with a great location. It doesn’t have a “typical” Mexican restaurant appearance; the exterior almost looks like a biker bar and the interior is Day of the Dead themed. It’s quirky but works on Alki. When the weather is nice it’s possible to sit outside on the patio and people watch or enjoy the great view. There is also quite a bit of seating inside. The servers are friendly and attentive. They don’t do reservations but we’ve only had to wait for a table once (we do tend to eat during slightly ‘off peak rush’ hours though). Our name was put on a list and it was a short wait until the table was ready. It gets busier on warm summer days when the crowds descend on Alki.

The menu is pretty typical for a Mexican restaurant. Prices are reasonable for Seattle and the portion size is large. The quality of the food is good, and it is fresh. We come here regularly when we’re spending time on Alki, and sometimes drop by when we’re not. I’ve enjoyed everything I’ve tried off the menu, especially the chimichanga, as have the others I’ve come with. El Chupacabra tries to accommodate different dietary restrictions (vegan, gluten free, nut allergies) so a variety of my friends have been able to eat here. They also offer a brunch menu, but I haven’t tried it yet.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed November 9, 2016 via mobile

Located on the beach front at Marine Ave, Seattle, this Mexican Restaurant offers eat all you can Nachos and Salsa sauce for only $1!! I believe it now!

The main dishes were good price too!

We had a ball there. The restaurant was decorated with lanterns with pictures of skulls. I was told their all souls day was usually a couple of days after Halloween- which falls on 31st March each year.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed October 16, 2016

After spending a lovely half day at Alki beach, we wondered into El Chupacabra. It was a delightful find. We sat outside overlooking the beach. The food was quite good especially the shrimp tacos and the Mission burrito. Beach fun!

Date of visit: September 2016