“Great Creme Brulee”

Neighborhood: Downtown
Etna, California
“Great Creme Brulee”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We went for a late night drink and dessert. The Creme Brulee was awesome! Very fun place and in a cute location.

Visited July 2012

Seattle, Washington
“The Mellow Yellow was great”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We chose this place because we had friends visiting from Minneapolis and we want to offer a nice location with our meal. It was difficult to decide because we were meeting at 6:00 p.m. on a Friday and the cafe doesn't take reservations for less than 6. We arrived just after 6 and were seated pretty quickly. Happy Hour is until 7, so the drinks are priced very well during this time. I had the Mellow Yellow; my husband didn't know what to order so he asked our server and she asked him what he liked. He gave her a few words and she quickly pointed out a drink. He loved it. It was similar to a margarita, but better (more grown up?). For dinner, we ordered three pies (the happy hour special was delicious, the four cheese, and a pumpkin spice, which was the hit) and the beet salad. The beet salad looked absolutely amazing and my friend loved it. We also had the smoked almond appetizer. Fresh almonds. The price of our entrees was not cheap, but better than many other restaurants in the area. Less than $15 per plate.
It's a little loud but we expected that; everyone around us was clearly having a great time. The viaduct intrudes on a view, but not for long, I guess. Service was solid and we were constantly attended to. As we were walking back to our car after 9:00 p.m. we could see the back of the Public Markit sign lit up and the sunset over the water - really beautiful.
We will go here again. It's a really nice downtown location and good for out of town visitors.

• Visited July 2012
Lynnwood, Washington
“Small but great drinks”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Its a relaxing place to get a nic drink inside or out, drinks were a bit pricey but good, most all tables were reserved on an early Saturday night

Visited July 2012
Bainbridge Island, Washington
“Outstanding Bar”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Other than some snacks, I have never eaten here. So, if you're looking for a restaurant review my comments won't be helpful.

On the other hand, I've had drinks here many times. The bartenders (Ben, Eric, Ricardo as best I recall) are really "drink craftsmen" mixing classic cocktails (I usually drink Manhattans) and creative new concoctions with great professional skill and attention to detail. (No, it's not Tom Cruise in "Cocktail", but it's enjoyable to watch them work. The best comparison I can come up with is the the bartenders at Barbara Lynch's "Drink" in Boston.) If you've been in a few times you'll likely be greeted by name and asked if you want "the usual". This is a bar as it should be - outstanding!

• Visited April 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Best drinks ever!”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Zig Zag makes the best cocktails I've ever had! If you've never been here before it can be very difficult to find - it's really a hole in the wall, speakeasy type lounge that is always full. The food is great here too! They recently lost their all-star bartender, and I haven't been there since he left, but I have to believe it is still fantastic.