“Why go here? My mistake; don't make it yours”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Bamboo Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Bamboo Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Waitstaff
Neighborhood: West Seattle
Seattle, Washington
“Why go here? My mistake; don't make it yours”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

A beautiful beach, a gorgeous sunset, a Hawaiian grill...not at the Bamboo Bar and Grill. A bar that cuts their tapped beer so that Manny's Pale Ale tastes and looks exactly like Blue Moon Belgian Wheat Beer? How do they take fine beers and destroy them? Perhaps in the same way they take an unbeatable location on Alki Beach and offer the worst service and mediocre food. Don't make the same mistake I did...just walk on by!

• Visited April 2013

“A BIG LET DOWN!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Don't waste your time, it's under new management or new owner. Things have changed and not
for the good. Food was icky. Went for lunch a few days ago only one other table with 2 people.
Flies on the windows and leaky windows. Just not the same, same your money.

We used to frequent this place a lot and it has really changed and not for the good.

• Visited October 2012
Newcastle, WA
“OK restaurant at Alki Beach”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

We were looking for a restaurant in the Entertainment Book at Alki Beach and this was the only one.

We went with 2 couples and 2 toddlers. Overall it was a good experience, but nothing spectacular.

The kids were sitting right next to the aquarium and enjoyed watching the little fish as well as the caribbean decoration (parrots above the tables, etc...).

I ordered the avocado salmon wraps with fries. I found the wraps to be quite dry : first of all they forgot to put the avocado in them, but it still lacked sauce. When I realized there was no avocado I told the waittress. She apologized and came back shortly with slices of avocado on a plate. The rest of our table enjoyed their meal (the fish tacos plate / the jambolaya shrimp dish / one of the specialty burgers).

• Visited August 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Cheerful, Fun, and Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

I took my grandaughter for her birthday and we both ordered our meals. I liked hers better than mine, for $10.99 she had skewered steak, chicken, and shrimp 6 skewers. Best steak ever. I had a great Margarita and there is a fun bar inside. The staff was wonderful, good service and a lot of fun. There were other families in the restaurant, but it could be a young peoples hang out in the evening. Outside seating a hawaiian atmosphere and decor. All in all a good time..

• Visited August 2011
Cork, Ireland
“Good sandwiches beyond the boring sliced meat kind. Outdoor seating area overlooks the water. I went because I found a...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2008

Good sandwiches beyond the boring sliced meat kind. Outdoor seating area overlooks the water. I went because I found a coupon in the Weekly or Stranger and thought it was worth a try. Definitely was and ended up being befriended by people at another table who noticed I was traveling alone and kept me company. Real friendly spot.