“Great nieghborhood pub”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Kirkland, Washington
“Great nieghborhood pub”
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Thanks to groupon we got to try this little gem. We're from the eastside and I wish there was a pub like this near my house, so I could go back often. There is a TV behind the bar (nice and big so you can easily see it) plus there is a TV outside the bar area, so if you want to watch the game while you are eating you still can. They have a lot of local beers on tap and also offered a cider on tap, which is hard to find and greatly appreciated. I ordered the cider Crispin, which was great.

Let me premise by saying we arrived during the BCS championship game and the groupon was about to expire, so we went it knowing it would be busy and we’d most likely have to wait. We were told about a 15 minute wait. We stood near the bar and the bartender was great asking if we wanted anything while we waited, even if it we only wanted water. Even though this is a small place, no one minded that we were just standing there in the way while we were waiting to be seated.

We ordered two Ale burgers and the fish and chips. My burger and waffle fries were awesome. The burger comes with caramelized onions (not quite what I’d call caramelized but still good) and bacon. My mom enjoyed her fish and chips too. The staff was so nice and friendly. I would recommend trying it.

Burger was $11
Pint of cider was $6
Fish and chips was about $10

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank comingtoyourcity

Seattle, WA
“Great neighborhood place”
Reviewed December 20, 2011

This place is very kid friendly and has lots of vegetarian options. Easy for the whole family to find something they like.

Palm Springs, California
“Cod is not halibut”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

I was served a lovely salad Colorado with halibut. However, the 'halibut' was cod. I know the Alehouse might have made a mistake so I don't really care, but they should be careful because some customers, like myself, catch both fish and know the difference.

• Visited November 2011
“Neighborhood Gem!”
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Met up with friends at Barking Dog which is located in a residential neighborhood of Ballard. A short wait, as we arrived at the end of a big college ball game. Rather than the usual "seat yourself" the hostesss added our name to the list and was assurred we would get a table after a short wait. Which we did! The place was buzz with table turn-over after the game but it was managed well and we received our drink order with no delay. We each ordered something different and we all enjoyed our food very much. My fig and blue cheese ravioli was fresih, light and flavorful. We'll go back soon!

• Visited October 2011
Seattle, Washington
“Perfect place to take friends AND visitors from out-of-town”
Reviewed June 7, 2011

The atmosphere, food, service at this small bistro are all perfect. The meat loaf reminded me of my Grandma's Sunday dinners - SUPERB!

• Visited May 2011