“superb gnocchi dish”
Review of Voila

Voila
Reserve with OpenTable
Voila is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #939 of 4,110 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Fort Collins, Colorado
“superb gnocchi dish”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

While visiting a Seattle friend we stopped in for lunch at Voila. This was not our first choice but the restaurant across the street where we had originally planned to go was closed. This was a sunny Thursday in June around 2:00 and we were the only ones in the restaurant which gave us pause, however, what a good decision! I ordered the gnocchi pistou (pesto) and was blown away. Handmade, melt in your mouth gnocchi, the best I've tasted so far. Other dishes ordered, croque madame, and le burger. Both received two thumbs up. Highly recommend the gnocchi dish.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank lfranc

• Indonesian first
Seattle, WA
“European Feel and Delicious Food!!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This restaurant is near our home and one of our favorite haunts. The service is very attentive without being intrusive. During the winter months it is a cozy little restaurant with delicious food and the feel of a location across the pond. They offer daily specials in addition to a delicious menu that changes seasonally. During the summer they offer outdoor seating behind the restaurant and open the windows on the street-side of the restaurant. We truly enjoy it throughout the year and prefer its cozy authentic feel to other restaurants in the area. Just to be sure, make reservations, but we have had luck without reservations, too. It is well worth a try!

• Visited June 2013
Seattle
“Cozy and Delicious!”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My wife and I visited, Voila!, for the first time, last night. Very cozy, casual setting awaited us, as we had reservations, but as it turned out, would not have needed them.

The wait staff greeted us, and sat us down a table for two, against the wall from which hangs a very large mirror. It was warm inside, and no wearing of extra jackets, or coats, were needed. This may seem like a given, but these days there seems to be a number of businesses that keep rather cool temperature settings in their establishments.

We ordered drinks, which were served only a few minutes later, along with fresh bread and butter. We did not order salads as we had already had our own appetizers at home (I know, kind of cheating, but we like our own cooking, too).

Besides the menu, we were presented the specials of the evening. One of them being, Cassoulet, which sounded delicious! I, half jokingly, asked if we could sample a spoonful of the cassoulet, and to our surprise, our wait staff went off to the kitchen and brought back a sample. It was as delicious as its description! So, my wife ordered it, and I order the Beef Bourguignon.

Our order arrived after about 15 to 20 minutes, time to talk, have some bread, quaff our beverages/wine, and watch dishes presented to other patrons who had arrived before us.

Our plates arrived and looked, and smelled wonderful. The cassoulet was served in a round, ceramic baking dish, looking so good! My dish was served in a large, deep round bowl, and piping hot!

We both thought our selections were delicious, and while my wife knew she'd be taking half of her plate home, I couldn't stop enjoying the beef bourguignon until I mopped up the last bit of sauce with a piece of bread!

We'll definitely be returning to, Voila!

• Visited January 2013
Seattle, Washington, USA
“Nice Ambiance, European feel”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Nice local restaurant, a bit noisy, nice outdoor seating in the rear of the restaurant. Entré (grilled wild salmon with fennel salad) was cold by the time it arrived. Moules Provençale were ok, nothing really special. The two entre´s, soup, two glasses of wine and a mixed drink came to $83. A bit pricey for average, nothing memorable food. There are lots of good restaurants in Seattle. Voila didn't impress as one which would warrant a second visit.

• Visited August 2012
Seattle
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It was all fantastic!”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

It was all fantastic. The service was excellent and for the price ....we will definately come again. The place was so bizarre...in a good way, the maitre'd was very informative when we arrived and told us about the place as he took us to our table. The menu was superb and food faultless. Well done! Really beautiful French cuisine that did not dissapoint. The service was way beyond my expectations, which was nice as I had high expectations from the staff anyhow. Top marks, will definately return on a regular basis.

• Visited October 2011