“Great good, great price, great find”
Review of New Orleans Creole Restaurant - CLOSED

New Orleans Creole Restaurant
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed November 3, 2012

My mom and I stumbled upon this place after taking the nearby Undergound Tour. The menu looked tempting, so we went in. It was almost empty at 2 in the afternoon. The food was GREAT. We love New Orleans style food, and we were not disappointed.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

This place was recommended to me by a co-worker. Went on Saturday night and had the vegetarian gumbo and vegetarian jambalaya. The music was great and the service was awesome. The place has a great atmosphere. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to other people.

Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

We didn't eat here in evenings as it's a live music venue and so a bit loud & lively! But we took lunch here on the terrace and enjoyed interesting food and very cordial service. Bathrooms a bit shabby, as befits a music club....

Reviewed September 29, 2012

It's been a few years since I had experienced the New Orleans. I had a craving for cajun, and I was down in Pioneer Square. But my memory is playing tricks on me. I thought that I remembered it was OK. Not so much. It was terrible. The cajun jambalaya was awful. Trust me...I make jambalaya that would slay the stuff they were serving. The gumbo was OK. Just OK. And the service? After the food was placed at my table, I never saw my server again until I had to flag him down to get my check. And trust me...it wasn't busy. What a nightmare. I won't be back.

1  Thank janbosj
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We arrived in Seattle rather late (we seemed to make a habit of arriving in new cities after hours), and went in search of some food in the historic Pioneer Square part of Seattle. Our first thought was to go to the oldest bar in Seattle which apparently dated back to before the turn of the (last) century – but it actually looked a bit scungy from the outside. Luckily, just across the road was the New Orleans Creole Restaurant with a live jazz band playing…we were sold!

I wanted to try a bit of everything as I’d read a lot about Creole food in various novels, travel books, etc. I started out with a cup of gumbo for starters, and the seafood etoufee for mains. Along with the clam chowder in a bread bowl that I had in San Francisco, gumbo is now probably one of my favourite soup/chowder/stews. There’s actually a Creole restaurant up the road from where I work – I must pop in at some point and try their gumbo. And this is probably most illustrative of the difference in restaurant pricing between Australia and America – a chicken based gumbo in Australia will cost me $20, but a seafood based gumbo in America cost me $13!

Read more at Gourmanda: http://gourmanda.me/2011/11/24/top-picks-for-awesome-restaurants/