“Simply perfect”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I wish I lived here so this could become my neighborhood go-to place! Our party sampled the abundant local beers, a special, as well as pasta and seafood entrees . All terrific choices. The service was excellent as well ,
A find!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

The 74th Streeet Alehouse at 74th and Greenwood in Seattle is a friendly neighborhood Pub with great food, a great selection of local and international beers on tap, and a welcoming pack of 'regulars' that will make you feel right at home. The menu always offers a trio of weekly specials, so there is always variety, even though the base menu is excellent and caters to a diversity of tastes. My personal favorite is the baked goat-cheese salad as a starter, followed by the red reuben sandwich, washed down with a pint or two of Hales Cream Ale from he nitro tap. Excellent!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

This place has great food and drink. Nice selection of micro brews along with a few commercial brands in bottle. I had the highly recommended Rueben and my wife had the Chicken Sandwich. The Rueben comes with chips, but I elected to get the cup of gumbo instead. It was definitely the right decision. I'm not a soup person, so I was delighted to see that it was a thick gumbo with some kick to it. My wife's selected the chicken sandwich and opted to have it put on a french roll. She was also very happy with the flavor.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

The beer is great, what you'd expect from a place with "ale house" in the name. We were there on a brewer's night, and the featured beers were fresh and unique. My salad was good, but the standout item was my husband's Reuben sandwich: Crisp caraway rye, piled high with steaming corned beef, and topped with savory red sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, and thousand-island dressing. Most Reubens are soggy, but this one was perfect. Worth a stop just for the sandwich. The only downside had nothing to do with the food or drink. Some bar patrons wanted our table after we were done, but they started hovering before we had even finished eating. Just bad manners -- nothing you can do anything about.

1  Thank pullittogether
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Good beer selection, great food, relaxed atmosphere. This place is one of my favorite Seattle Alehouses. We've been coming here for years and have never been disappointed.