“Very Nice Local”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 23, 2012

On a recent visit to my daughter and son-in-law's new home in Seattle, our family decided to take a walk through their Phinney Ridge neighborhood and up the the street for a beer and dinner. We stopped in at the 74th.

We ordered beer and cider. I enjoyed my Blackthorn cider and while their is a great choice of beers and ales, they are a bit pricey at $5 a pint.

The food was very good. I ordered the Rueben sandwich and we also got a Salmon sandwich, the Goat Cheese Salad and the soup of the day, a turkey vegetable. Everything came promptly, and was very tasty.

My only concern is the noise level of the place but I doubt most of the younger crowd cared, They were too busy enjoying themselves.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

I have been going to this bar for over 15 years and it remains the same... Homemade soup, homemade salad dressing, 20 craft beers on tap, and a small menu of excellent food. I like the salad with grilled Alaskan salmon. On a corner with lots of light, always a newspaper to read, and often friendly locals that like to chat.. Also been there with groups and find service is professional and routinely outstanding.. When I brought my boss to Seattle, I brought him to this restaurant..

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Cool pub atmosphere with plenty of beers to try. It was busy when we were there but we were able to find a table in the back and we enjoyed the casual but fun place.

Reviewed January 27, 2012

It's in the neighborhood and it's really good for a nice quick meal or if we don't happen to feel like getting in the car and driving somewhere for lunch or dinner.

Been here for both lunch and dinner and even when they are busy the service is great. We've tried the Mediterranean plate (fresh made muhammara dip, a traditional Middle Eastern dip made from roasted red peppers, red fresnos, feta cheese, cumin, garlic and walnuts. Served with grilled pita bread and Greek salad of cucumbers, tomatoes, kalamata olives and feta cheese), the blackened salmon sandwich (fresh salmon filet is coated in our spicy Cajun pepper and herb mix then "blackened" in a hot skillet and baked in the oven. Served on organic French baguette with dijon mayo, tomatoes and lettuce) and the fish tacos (our fresh "seasonal" fish is marinated in chipotle chiles, garlic, lime juice and cilantro then pan seared and folded into a warmed flour tortilla with lime-cilantro sour cream, shredded cabbage and corn salsa. Served with a side of wild greens tossed in our zesty chipotle chile and orange vinaigrette) - all were fresh, delicious and recommended.

1  Thank thetripchick
Reviewed June 19, 2011

A good selection of local microbrews plus incredible food - this place always delivers. The soups are made from scratch with local ingredients and the specials are inevitably tempting. It's hard to stray from the sandwiches though, as the reuben and chicken sandwich are both excellent.