“Fun small plates & fantastic dining experience”
Review of Lola

Lola
Reserve with OpenTable
Lola is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 4,110 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Belltown
Cross street: Virginia Street
Transit: There are multiple transit stops just one block west on Third avenue and Virginia going North and South. For specific route numbers and times from your location visit transit.metrokc.gov
Irvine, California
“Fun small plates & fantastic dining experience”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Went with a friend for dinner and had a wonderful experience - the lamb ravioli (really great - would order again), baked feta (yummy), chicken kababs (hearty) and oysters (love them). If I visit again, I'll try their sampler platter based on how good our meal was. We also had a desert which I think was a special (I couldn't find it on the on-line menu). A pie with pistachios - it was very light and lovely. I'm not a huge desert fan but this was divine. The service was quite good - nothing rushed, the timing of our plates were perfect and the wine recommendations were well paired. I rarely give an excellent and this dining experience deserved it.

• Visited February 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
St Louis
“Just drinks”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We had drinks at the cozy bar as we waited for a table at a close eatery. The atmosphere and decor was fun and trendy. We hear the food is awesome here so if ever in seattle again we will visit and eat!

• Visited February 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“full tummies!”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

upon recommendation from a local we went to Lola for brunch, not realizing it was a Tom Douglas Restaurant. So I knew when we got there it was going to be good.
Service was great, we were seated straight away. I had the omlette with mushroom and goat cheese, and my boyfriend had the pancakes. both were delicious, and filling. Not a place to go if you are on a diet though, lots of butter and oil (all the good stuff) used here!

Visited February 2013
olympia, wa
“Great restaurant!”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Every time I think of the name of this place Clapton's 'Layla' starts playing in my mind. That has nothing to do with the menu, I just thought I'd share it. Like all of Tom Douglas' restaurants, Lola is very good. I started with the mezedakia (Greek tapas) sampler. It was very nice, and included smoked spicy oysters, kopanisti (a tasty Greek feta spread), dolmades (stuffed grape leaves), marinated olives, and pickles. I love tapas, and could have them every night. Next up were tiny oysters on the half shell with a cucumber mignonette. They were perfect, and I don't say that lightly. Then it was on to grilled pita bread with six different spreads to taste, and then grilled octopus. Everything was very nice. The restaurant was very busy, and the only thing lacking was the service. When we got there, the hostess told us that our table was being cleared. Then I watched as she walked over and bussed and set the table. The wine didn't arrive until after the tapas. I could tell by the look on the waitress's face when she came to get the plates that she had obviously forgotten. Later, the waitress asked how everything was, and then rushed off before I could answer. And as we were leaving, the hostess sat staring at her monitor, and didn't even say thanks or good night. I won't fault them because I know they were busy. But, it's the little things that make the difference. The bottom line: the food was very good and I'm a fan. I wonder if I can get Tom to sign my copy of 'Seattle Kitchen?

Visited January 2013
Portland, Oregon, United States
“excellent”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

we stayed at the hotel andra, next to lola. we googled lola first and saw both yelp and tripadvisor had glowing reveiws. then the front desk of hotel andra referred us to lola too. the maitre d was so friendly for our early dinner around 3 pm/4pm on thurs 1-24-13. he made us feel at home traveling from portland. our server, rebecca, was the best!. she saw we were adventure eaters, and she referred my partner to a bourbon/vermouth/campari cocktail that blew her socks off. i had the mythos greek lager that hit the spot. we each had the wild sockeye salmon with the greek salad/pita/caper relish/yogurt dressing, and my partner opted for the 1/2 salad with the smashed potato/garlic dish. she also had the dolmades, which were exceptional. our server suggested sitka and spruce in the capitol hill district, since we chatted about iron chefs, and foodie spots. we saw rebecca again the next day after experiencing that restaurant, and thanked her for her referral...tom douglas, you rock! thx

• Visited January 2013