“Seattle Harbor”
Review of Salty's on Alki

Salty's on Alki
Reserve with OpenTable
Salty's on Alki is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 4,250 Restaurants in Seattle
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West Seattle Bridge
Transit: Bus or take the Elliott Bay Water Taxi from downtown Seattle Pier 50 to Seacrest Park. We're just a 5-minute walk from the pier.
Description: Located on Elliott Bay with sweeping views of the Seattle skyline, Salty's is "One of the world's great view restaurants," says a local critic. This restaurant wins annual awards for the Nation's Best Sunday brunch, Seattle's best seafood, best view restaurant, best outdoor dining. Whether dressed up or casual, in the dining room, on the deck, or in private dining rooms, guests love Salty's for fresh Northwest seafood, wild Alaskan salmon and halibut in season, live Dungeness crab, fresh Northwest oysters, clams and mussels, USDA prime charbroiled steaks, gourmet lunch salads and sandwiches and refreshing creative cocktails. Live music in the Cafe-Bar Mondays and Fridays. Happy Hour from 3:00 to 6:00 pm Monday to Friday, Cafe-Bar only.
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Great seafood and excellent service. Go for Happy Hour and watch the sunset. Love this place.Best view of Seattle and great food.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,112)

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I rate this as one of the best in West Seattle. Great seafood, excellent service. Go early for happy hour.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I just love Salty's...and not just for the incredible food. The view is THE best of any restaurant in Seattle, including the Space Needle. This place is a bit pricey, but the quality and service are worth it. Attend their Saturday and Sunday all you can eat brunch if you want to seriously stuff yourself. We also come here every year on Thanksgiving when you can enjoy a wonderful high end buffet. This place is not for someone on a budget, but it's a great place to take someone from out of town.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I don't mind paying some coin for a top notch meal. We were there with our friend and her spouse celebrating a birthday. We started with the calamari appetizer. About 1/2 hr later it arrived. I took a bite and instantly knew that the order was old and stale like it had been sitting just outside the range of a heat lamp. The calamari was served to us cold, I called our server over and told him of the problem. He told me I was mistaken to which I asked him to have a bite or to touch the finger food. He said he would put in another order and that we could also have the first order "on the house" I told him that I didn't want anything "on the house" but that i wanted what I ordered severed hot and fresh. Literally about 3 minutes later he came with our new order ready. I'm thinking to my self I hope this is not an indication of what is to come. My wife orders the Dungeness Crab Mac n Cheese. For 25 bucks she's expecting it will be something special. It's a small bowl crunchy dry noodles on top with a layer of blackened hard cheese on it. Again it arrived at room temperature like it had been sitting on table else where. The dungeness crab was non-existent although the sauce did have a "seafood taste". She had a few bites before she said enough is enough. My friend and I ordered the Grilled Ling Cod Oscar at $36.00 a plate. The Cod was really fishy and had an over powering fish smell. The portion size was made for a toddler. (I'm actually glad they didn't waste it on me). The best part of my meal was my mushy leeks. I should mention again that my meal was also served tepid. I don't need to hear the sizzle of the food on my plate, but I do like to eat meals when they come out of the pan/pot etc. When our server came over the one time to refill our drinks, he saw that my wife had stopped eating and asked if she was done. He didn't bother to ask how the food was, I think he knew. I will tell you one thing that was amazing, it was being seated by the window overlooking the bay. It was breath taking to see on a clear evening. Too bad we couldn't have brought our own food. I won't be making that mistake twice. The cost to benefit ratio was way off kilter here. I thought we got third rate food and service for 1st rate cost.

2  Thank Carlos V
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We knew it was going to be expensive, but wanted to treat our friends to excellent food and a great view which was the case. So I guess for great occasions it's nice, but ouch, my wallet hurt...