“Lovely Belltown local”
Review of La Vita E' Bella

La Vita E' Bella
Reserve with OpenTable
La Vita E' Bella is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #248 of 4,201 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Belltown
Cross street: Battery st
Description: At La Vita E Bella we provide authentic Italian food made with homemade sauces and pasta. We offer many seafood dishes inspired by our Sicilian roots and fresh Seattle offerings. Thin pizzas are baked fresh for our mouthwatering customers. We have a large wine selection and many antipasto platters (appetizers) that are perfect for a quick drink and snack on the go. With a live accordion player, our restaurant has a romantic atmosphere and welcoming environment ideal for locals and tourists alike. Owner Giuseppe Forte strives to offer affordable cuisine that pops with flavor and value. He personally buys the groceries several times a week to insure the best products, allowing prices to remain low and fair for our customers. If you prefer, you can always call 206-441-5322 for an amazing meal TO GO!
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Some friends took me here on a recent business trip and it was a great discovery for me. We didn't have the greatest start though when, having arrived at 7.30pm to an empty restaurant, it took about 3 minutes before any staff showed up to seat us. An older gentleman eventually came out and grumpily directed us to a table whereupon he promptly deserted us again. Thankfully a new waiter arrived shortly after and it was all uphill from there!
The new waiter was knowledgable about the specials, gave great advice and recommendations based on our likes and dislikes and was fun without being annoying. He was also really patient although I suppose that wasn't much of a hardship as the restaurant was so quiet.
The wine was great - we had an Amarone and a Barbera d'Asti - and all the food was delicious, fresh and flavourful. Most of us had the pasta specials but a couple had the veal scallopini which I tried some of and which was divine.
I would definitely recommend this restaurant but would perhaps suggest a weekend when the place is a bit busier and there's more of an atmosphere.

There are newer reviews for La Vita E' Bella

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Been here 3 times and had different dishes each time, so I'm not sure how consistent they are, however, the salmon with capers was the best by far.

It's been both very busy and very slow. Like me my date and 3 other people slow. The owner,- a New Yorker and one of the chefs I believe - is definitely entertaining and makes you feel like a prized customer.

The atmosphere is great for a first dinner date, but only if its busy, say a Friday or Saturday night. With that said things are on the pricey side, especially wine and other drinks, they will get you on that,

Reviewed November 11, 2012

My wife, teen-age daughter and I walked to this Belltown restaurant from Seattle Center last night for dinner. We are closet cooks and make our own pastas and sauces from scratch, so our expectations are reasonable when we go out for Sicilian or Italian food. We had eaten the previous evening at an Italian restaurant just three or so blocks away and were disappointed by the experience. The interior of LaVita will not impress you, but whatever you do don't turn around or you will miss out on some of the better meals you will have in an Italian restaurant. Our server was relaxed and attentive without imposing on our table conversation once. I had a veal saltimbocca, my wife ordered the smoked salmon pasta and our daughter had a margherita pizza. We shared some bruschetta, and we each enjoyed a fresh salad with an oil and vinegar dressing. My veal was sliced almost paper thin and wrapped in prosciutto, it was perfect. My wife and I each had a glass of one of the by-the-each wine offerings. It is a rare occasion that one of us does not have a criticism of one or another of the details in the meal, either the presentation, the food itself, or some aspect of the service. Our entire experience here was terrific and we will return. We all recommend this restaurant as a ten for the food and service. Pricing is extremely reasonable, starters are 8-10, pastas 12-18, and meat and fish entrees 12-25. In and out for three of us, generous portions of great food, with gratuity-all for under 125; great night out, real value and "better-than-priced" meals.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

La Vita E' Bella - Life is beautiful at least from a gastronomic point of view at this restaurant. Simple dishes well made with decent portions.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We went on a busy Friday night. There was no seating outside so we were seated inside. It was very hot not sure the AC was working. The food was fantastic, we had a pizza, Cioppino, and one of the specials. Loved everything. Great valve for quality. The atmosphere was shabby and felt un kept. The restrooms were not to clean and down the hall in a seperate building. That was a little weird. Our server was good but over charged us by $30.00 bucks, Good thing we looked at the ticket. I would go again but make a reservation for outside seating if it's on a Summer night. The inside is in much need of a make over.