“Not the best visual, but great food”
Review of Japanese Gourmet Restaurant - CLOSED

Japanese Gourmet Restaurant
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Pike Place Market
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

As part of our pike market tour, we stopped here for sushi. Great flavor and value. Recommend the caterpillar maki.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I was really surprised not to see more sushi restaurants so close to the market. Honestly, I expected to see them every 50 feet with the incredible amount of fresh fish teaming out from all corners of the market, but I've already gotten off track.

You must stop in, sit at the sushi bar and get the sashimi platter, plus one of the special rolls of the day. They are made right in front of you and the chefs are very, very hospitable. The platter comes with one miso soup and rice if you want it. We ended up splitting it between the two of us, but make your choices and be deliciously satisfied with your protein-packed lunch!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

off the main street of the market, great prices and happy hour and loved the sushi, fresh, quick and friendly. Do the bento box, lots of yummies in there to choose from.

1  Thank mark q
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Food here is great value and full of flavour. We had our fix of vegetables here and lovely fresh seafood. Service was ok. Polite but not as friendly as other places.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

My hubby was raised on Japanese home cooking and is picky. He loves the Sukiyaki here!! I'm mostly vegetarian or pescatarian and not a super adventurous eater, but I love this place too. We really enjoy this restaurant, with its reliably good food, charming decor, and gruff but friendly waitresses, and we come here anytime we are in downtown Seattle for an event or appointment. We first started going here years ago when we both worked downtown. The lunch and happy hour prices are an excellent value. Dinner time is more expensive, but oh well. The miso soup is hot and delicious, as is the tea (ask for it!). If given a choice between green salad or sunomono (cucumber salad), get the sunomono! Other than than that, I just stick to unadventurous things like edamame, salmon teriyaki, california rolls, veggie tempura -- I wish I could tell you what other things are good here, but I always eat the same things!