“Pretty Good Food, Not the best Service”
Review of First Hill Bar & Grill - CLOSED

First Hill Bar & Grill
Cuisines: Greek
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Seattle
“Pretty Good Food, Not the best Service”
Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

My dad and I ate here a few months ago. We weren't too awestruck. The food was actually pretty good. I got a chicken caesar salad and he got strawberry pancakes. The waitress had little to no personality and made herself scarce.

My dad asked if he could have fresh strawberries but she brought him preserves. When he asked a second time if he fresh strawberries were available to have instead of the preserves, she said yes, but then took another 15 minutes to be seen again, and still with no strawberries. Third time was a charm.

We left saying, okay, new place next time.

Simsbury, Connecticut
“Simple, quick, inexpensive”
Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

Stopped by here for dinner on a night we didn't want anything to fancy. Think diner food with a emphasize on the Greek food. We got our food quickly and were pleased with how good it tasted. Got more than we could eat for a more than reasonable price.

Rochester, Minnesota
“Hash slinger's dream”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Seemed like a good title (above) because we went here for lunch just down the block from the Sorrento Hotel and the food was like a small town cafe. With a smart-alec waitress, local cops eating here and other people who seemed to know the staff by their first names. The menu has a Greek bent to it, and yes you can get a gyro. The lunch was okay, good portions and fairly quick service. I guess there is a bar here as well because I saw a sign with an arrow pointing to where it is, but couldn't see it from where we sat. Nice little place.

• Visited May 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
“Great Neighborhood Cafe”
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We had breakfast and dinner at the 1st Hill Bar & Grill and both meals were very good and at a reasonable price. Food was hot, sevice was excellent, value excellent. I had salmon and the house wine for dinner, and an omlette for breakfast. We were staying up the hill at the Sorrento Hotel and it was an easy walk to the 1st Hill Bar & Grill. George the former owner is friendly and walks around checking on your meal and visiting. This was a delightful resturant that I would highly recommend. I love neighborhood restaurants and this one was not disappointing in the least. It reminded me of dining in San Francisco, only at a far more reasonable price.

• Visited October 2011
Seattle
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“come for the Soup, stay for the Meat”
Reviewed December 13, 2007

Well, not being an afficianado of greek food (at least when I first started going there) I have found that the food is well above average, especially the Avegelemeno soups whch truly are very good, (just how great varies by cook), the meats tender and seasoned to compliment the other foods, and everything served well by Georg and his staff. The atmosphere is a bit ...familial, I kept looking for dark suits and sunglasses in the recesses of the restaurant, however the food has ALWAYS been very good. The salads inventive and tasty.

My fiance does have a penchant for fine mediterranean food, and she speaks frequently about how much she enjoys her soups and entree's. We now compare this one to every greek restaurant we go to, just make sure that we only stick with good food, good staff and good times.

Not the most expensive greek place to eat, but truly and enjoyable one when the place is busy.

An excellent value.