“amazing - great experience!”
Review of Marrakesh

Ranked #525 of 4,358 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Moroccan
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Belltown
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I got a group on now for one for $15 worth for a 5 course meal (reg 28pp), I took my husband and daughter to celebrate valentine's day (2012), it was hard to find a parking spot so I dropped them off to find a table, the owner asked if we had a reservation, which we didn't and didn't know about it, he quickly found us a spot. It was about 7pm on a week day and the belly dancer was performing, she asked people to join in as she taught some steps, the decor is great, feels like being in a tent. Promptly a server came over and explained the drill. First they served a lentil soup which it was perfect, then a salad with eggplant, then a film pastry with powder sugar and some caramel I think, inside they had chicken cooked with eggs and some other stuff, it got devoured right away, then the main course: marrakech couscous with lamb and veggies, my daughter a very sweet lamb and my husband lamb with peaches, not as sweet as the other one. At last they brought minty sweet tea with baklava. Make sure you are ok eating with your hands, they will wash your hands a couple times and provide a towel. Love the service and the food, great experience.

Reviewed January 31, 2012

Marrakesh (in D.C.) is one of my favorites, so I had high hopes for this unaffiliated restaurant in Seattle. I wasn't disappointed.

Service was quick and friendly. I told the server I had to leave in 1 hour and 20 minutes and she made sure we were out on time.

The five course meal included Lentil soup, salad, bread, B'stilla, a choice of entree (I had the honey/prune chicken), dessert and green tea. All for under $20 per person.

The chicken fell apart when touched. It was very tender and the portion was more than generous.

This place was very neat and kids would enjoy it as well. We saw business colleagues, family with little kids and a couple on a date so every type of party is welcome there.

I recommend this place when for when you're in Seattle!

Reviewed December 19, 2011

If you're looking for a place to entertain a large group, this place can do it. We had a good experience here. Be prepared to eat with your hands and sit on the floor. If that bothers you, you can get a fork, but you'll still be sharing your meal "family style". The food was interesting (not superb, but good). The wait staff was very friendly and the pace of the meal was good. We chose to let them decide on the menu and the meal lasted ~2hrs. If you're in a hurry, this probably won't work for you. All in all, this is a good place to go. It's also kid friendly, even with the belly dancer.

Reviewed October 13, 2011

My husband and I went to Seattle to visit a long time friend of his and his fiance. We all love ethnic food, but my husband's friend isn't a big fan. We finally convinced him to go to Marrakesh with us. He didn't want to go, but after we ate he said he was so glad we made him go. Marrakesh was great. Loved the atmosphere! You get to sit on pillows and eat on low to the ground tables. The restaurant looks like a giant tent inside, and you get to eat with your hands, which was my favorite part! We liked it so much that for our next meal at our friends' house, we all ate with our hands again. Very freeing. The food there was also excellent. We got the sampler special so we could try a little of everything. Highly recommend the lamb. We even got to see a belly dancer after our meal. I have nothing bad to say about this place...

Reviewed October 6, 2011

We absolutely fail to understand what people are raving about. After our experience this place needs to be shut down in our opinion.

There was a less than warm greeting by our hostess who also acted as waitress and we are sure at this point was the cook also. She was unfriendly, uninterested and certainly out of place in the long robe and traditional slip-ons that she had on. Water served in dirty plastic glasses. Bread was apparently rationed out of a basket and we were almost scared to ask for more. This is what we thought we had- unseasoned boiled chicken with a full bottle of apricot jam poured over it. It felt death by jam !!!

The hostess/waitress did not ask if we were enjoying our meal, did not honor our groupon inspite of meeting the criteria. We were force to eat a 5-course meal or a feast- very strict policies. The quantity was appalling and the presentation worse. The whole experience felt as if a favor was done to us by serving us an extremely poor meal. We had to rush to Wasabi bistro for our 2nd meal of the night. We think that the belly dancing that they offer is to distract guests from the horrendous meal that is served.

Irony- We are not westerners, we are easterners and very well traveled appreciating new cultures and the experiences. This by far has topped the negative food experience. Please do not eat there nor recommend it. But it would make a fabulous idea if you want dont like someone !!! There are far better places to enjoy cultural food. Try Petra on 4th.

2  Thank darkchocdiva