Ivar's Salmon House
Reserve with OpenTable
Ivar's Salmon House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #155 of 4,357 Restaurants in Seattle
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Large groups, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Lake Union
Cross street: Pacific
Description: Ivar’s Salmon House is a beautiful cedar replica of a Northwest Native American Longhouse, complete with an open-pit Native American-style barbecue for preparing succulent alder-smoked dishes. Here, in a dining setting filled with Northwest native art, décor and historical photographs, you'll enjoy memorable meals surrounded by spectacular views of boats cruising Lake Union and Seattle’s skyline. Favorite daily entrees and fresh-sheet selections include alder-smoked salmon, prawns, alder-smoked chicken, and seasonal seafood specials. The outdoor Fish Bar offers casual lakeside dining or quick take-out food. Be sure to take a virtual tour of Ivar's Salmon House here: https://goo.gl/maps/a2sHCSrX5R92
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Our concierge recommended Ivar's Salmon House because of it's proximity to our hotel. She said the food was good, but what she failed to mention was the stunning view! We were seated close the windows looking out on Lake Union, with the sparkling skyline in the distance, and a great shot of the Space Needle. The decor is warm, heavy on timber and Native American totems. Our meal was delicious, though I believe a tad overpriced, as if it were haute cuisine. I had a Shrimp Louis and my friend had salmon - no complaints, just nothing overly spectacular for the price. You are paying for the view and atmosphere here. I enjoyed my evening thoroughly and can't wait to return with my husband. No tablecloths, which sadly seems to be a dying trend, but all the other trappings of fine dining can be found here. Ivar's is a large company in the Seattle area, with a variety of restaurants, so if you're planning to visit THIS one, be sure it's Ivar's Salmon House, not Ivar's "something else!"

Reviewed April 14, 2014

It has been 15 years since I last dined at Ivar's Salmon House with close friends from Seattle. I once again dined there with the same friends and enjoyed great food with great company. The service and setting are great and the seafood is excellent.

Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

I've been to the Salmon House off and on for 40+ years. Today, I was wanting a quiet spot of tea and Oyster Stew. I immediately turned to the SH on Lake Union. Never disappointed, everything was meticulous from the greeting, to seating and the smooth stew with an abundance of very small and tasty oysters. It made my day!

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Our hotel suggested we dine here. It wasn't easy to find. There is a casual section in front. The more "formal" dining room in back is nicely decorated, and along a Sound inlet. My food-- King Salmon-- but my wife became ill almost immediately after eating her dish, which consisted of four types of salmon. Maybe just the luck of the draw that night, as it does seem to be a popular place (it was rather crowded on a Monday evening).

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I was here on a business dinner. I'd been a couple of years ago and had the salmon trio but this time I ordered one of the specials...halibut. Lots of people at my table ordered it and it was delicious. I actually ate all three pieces and both the sides. I can't remember the last time I cleaned my plate at a restaurant but this was it.

I came home to tell my husband about it so we can try and recreate the dish.

The waiter was knowledgeable. Since we were a large party it took awhile for us to order but all our food was served at the same time.

It was loud in the restaurant so if you weren't sitting next to the person you were talking to, you wouldn't be able to hear them.

Been to Ivar's Salmon House? Share your experiences!