“Great seafood”

Ivar's Salmon House
Reserve with OpenTable
Ivar's Salmon House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #154 of 4,395 Restaurants in Seattle
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Lake Union
Cross street: Pacific
Description: Ivar’s Salmon House is a beautiful cedar replica of a Northwest Native American Longhouse, complete with an open-pit Native American-style barbecue for preparing succulent alder-smoked dishes. Here, in a dining setting filled with Northwest native art, décor and historical photographs, you'll enjoy memorable meals surrounded by spectacular views of boats cruising Lake Union and Seattle’s skyline. Favorite daily entrees and fresh-sheet selections include alder-smoked salmon, prawns, alder-smoked chicken, and seasonal seafood specials. The outdoor Fish Bar offers casual lakeside dining or quick take-out food. Be sure to take a virtual tour of Ivar's Salmon House here: https://goo.gl/maps/a2sHCSrX5R92
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This place is a bit out of the downtown area and a bit fancier than most of the tourist spots. But, it's got a great atmosphere and prompt, nice service and the food is excellent. Be sure to go into the right door! There's a walk-up carry out window in the front, but if you go around the side you'll get into the actual sit-down restaurant.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I recently had a very positive experience at Ivars Salmon house. We had reservations for 30 people on a Saturday night. I called up to three times that day to change things about reservation, each time Nicole went with change in a very positive profressional manner. Dinner turned out to be wonderful, 8 kids eating salmon and chicken strips that tasted great. Adults order speciality, Cedar cooked Salmon with rice, veggies and endless corn muffins and rolls. We had a birthday cake for 1 year old also that went smoothly. I can't say enough about great service with smiles and filling requests for more plates, rolls, etc. I would hightly recommend this restaurant for large party.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Took my family here for my daughters birthday (her request). Found the restaurant to be old, dim with the smell of old grease. Had the highly touted brunch ($32. per). Food was cold, old and was obviously from the previous nights no sale tray. Sauces were heavy and greasy and tasteless. Salads were limp. Baklava would have sunk a ship it was so heavy. Deserts were simple sugar, lard and flour and tasted the same. Fruit was not ripe or canned (kids loved the chocolate waterfall) This place was old 30 years ago and has not received any upgrades or serious cleaning since.

Take your guests else where. Anywhere. Ivar would be horrified and heads would roll if he could only come back and see the level this place has sunk to.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

My friend and I attended the New Year's Eve Dinner Party at Ivar's this year. The food [hot and cold buffet and carving station] was varied, plentiful, and delicious. (We forgot to take oyster shooters, darn it!). The entertainer was great, with costume changes, dancing, and taking requests for music that brought back great memories. There were upcharges for the cocktails we ordered, but we didn't know that until the bill came on January 1. It would have been nice for the server to mention that the price included a $5 credit toward each of two drinks. (Not a huge deal.) It seems that our hats and noisemakers might have been swiped by another table of guests, so our server got us replacement noisemakers just before midnight. It was to go out to the floating deck in the dark at 11:58 to count down. Unfortunately, there was so much fog that we could not see the fireworks at the Space Needle. Maybe next year - we plan on bringing a whole group next year. Great job Ivar's!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I've been coming to this place regularly for at least 10 years and sporadically for 10 years before that. The seafood is consistently very well prepared. The native themes, wonderful memorabilia and location with beautiful lake views is excellent. I often am at the happy hour which has excellent seafood and non-seafood options for great prices. I sometimes call this place my "2nd office" because I meet individuals and small groups here regularly to do business.

Been to Ivar's Salmon House? Share your experiences!